Thread: Good lead bullet load for Glock 22

Default Good lead bullet load for Glock 22

I have always shot factory reloads(Black Hills or the like) for target practice with my 40 cal Glock 22. I've always reloaded for all my wheel guns but never have for semi auto's. I don't know why. I have always shot the wheel guns 10 to 1 compared to the autos so I guess I'll use that for an excuse. It's still winter even in iowa. it was -8 degrees yesterday when I rolled out of bed at 4:45 AM and the wind was doing it's usual 30-40 mph thing. I have every piece of brass that I own loaded except for an almost full 5 gallon bucket of empty 40 cal brass. I have 4lbs of Titegroup, a bunch of 1 pound cans of Bullseye and or Universal. Ive got plenty of primers. All I need is to buy some inexpensive lead bullets that will function through a Glock 22. I own 2 Glock 22s, my son has one and 2 of my son-in laws have them. The three of them get to buy the bullets and I get to run the lever on my Rockchucker lots of times.

I want to make one purchase for a whole lot of bullets but don't want to end up with ones that won't function in our guns. Some of you guys have to know exactly what bullets it is that I need to get. Help me out!

Thanks in advance EKC

you may want toresearch the use of lead in glocks, i remember reading that the polygonal rifling in glocks is not recommended for lead bullets. due to the shape it causes excesses leading even at low velocities, and can load up the barrel fairly quickly, then your accuracy goes down the drain and it's not worth doing at that point.

I don't know about lead but perhaps the berry's plated or similar would be better based on the comment about Glock rifling? They are super cheap compared to jacketed bullets.

We have both Lone Wolf and Storm Lake barrels for our Glock's so cast bullets are not an issue. For me, I order them through Oregon Trails bullets out of Baker City, Oregon. I use their 38-40 180 grain RNFP and their 180 grain TC in both our G23 and G20sf pistols. I am sure that there are other places that also sell good bullets, but Oregon Trails will ship to Alaska at no extra charge. I also use there bullets and my 44 mag and 45-70. So far I have been very happy with them and we have shot thousands of these bullets.