Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Custom Wooldridge Build

Default New Custom Wooldridge Build

Well after over a year of planning my wife and I will have our dream boat built. We stopped at Wooldridge the end of November on our way back to Alaska. We spent the better part of an afternoon with Grant and Danny going over what we envisioned. (If this post gets all discombobulated, it's because my computer has issues and locks up pretty regularly and I have to restart it) Last year RavinManiac got there 29' SS Pilothouse built. I really liked their build. They had a co-pilot seat but that took up half of the dinette. I told Grant that we wanted a co-pilot seat but with a full dinette. So we are looking at a 32' SS Pilothouse. I spent the better part of almost a year trying to acquire a Glacier Craft to get finished but it just would not pan out no matter what. We got the grand tour at Wooldridge and just really liked what we saw. We looked at a few other brands and stopped at their respective factories. I will say that walking into the Wooldridge shop is almost like walking into someone's living room. So after months of going back and forth with Danny, probably driving him crazy we finally have everything pretty much set. I will list the particulars below. Unfortunately they are very busy this year so not sure when we will get the boat, I'm guessing July or August. I would like to give major kudos to our own Dman who has been MEGA helpful with insight and input to this proceess! Sooooooo, here's what we came up with...

32' Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse with 9'11" Beam
    Diamond plate bow guard on front of sides
    Cabin raised 4"
    Raise side windows 3"
    Bottom pod extension under offshore bracket
    Fishing Machine package
    Raised self bailing floors
    Larger fuel tank/240 gallons
    Two 85 gallon under floor fish boxes
    Two whale diaphragm pumps for under-floor fish boxes
    Sides raised 7" behind cabin
    Six rocket launchers
    Privacy curtain in front of cuddy area
    Upholstery in cuddy
    Two winshield fans
    Wallas diesel two burner cooktop with heater lid
    Wallas diesel forced air convection oven
    Sink with 20 gal fresh water tank
    7' counter top with 3 doors
    Upgrade Norcold fridge to larger model
    Full interior carpet, storage trays over windows and wood trim package
    11 gallon diesel tank
    30" stand up head (upgrade from std 24")
    Grab rails in head with over head rail for hanging
    Two additional sliding screened windows
    Two additional dome lights
    Custom locking glove box with carpeted interior with grab rail
    Radar mount with arms for two LED Golights
    Second helm for fly by wire main motors and remote kicker controls
    Full aluminum enclosed locker with shelf under rear helm
    Custom 24" high bow rails
    Small ladders on each of cabin for access to roof
    Transom door
    Gull wing door in cuddy
    Microwave with custom painted cabinet
    Transducer bracket with welded wire tabs on rear of pod for large Airmar TM265 transducer
    Trim tabs with LED indicators on dash (Lenco)
    Wabasto at3900 (12,000 BTU) with cabin heat and defrost (4 ducts)
    Battery system: Dual group 27 AGM starting batteries connected with Blue Seas switch to 4 6v AGM batteries for house system
    Blue Seas automatic charging relay (ACR)
    Magnum Energy MS2000 inverter/charger combo system with ME-RC50 remote, ME-BMK battery monitoting kit, control switchesand breaker, heavy duty inverter plugs, all adapters and extensions installed
    Shore power system: includes Blue Sea lightedswitch panel with breakers, 12v power plug and four AC duplex outlets in cabin.
    Charles isolation transformer 1300 with Blue Seas systems E.L.C.I. main switch
    2 1250GPH bilge pumps with auto switch
    Ritchie backlit compass
    All lights upgraded to LED
    2 flood lights on rear fishing deck
    Wiring for Cannon downriggers
    Transom sink divided into two compartments
    Washdown pump kit 5.2GPM
    Good F850BDA A-6 free drop windlass with safety toggle control switch, Good 30" boomand base anchor roller assembly, 1/2" X 600' color coded anchor line, 10' BBB galvanized chain lead and stainless steel anchor barrel swivel. Includes larger bow cap to accomodate 600' of rope
    22LB Bruce anchor
    Electradyne electric davie package ED7500-10 3/4HP motor, 30:1 extra heavy duty gear box, 200 FPM, 250# capacity, 2" sched 80 davit and fairlead roller
    NMEA 2000 backbone installed
    Garmin bundle, GPS Map 8212 mounted at front helm, GPS 19x antenna mounted on radar arch, GSD26 remote digital sounder with Chirp technology
    GMR 24HD radar
    Garmin GMS 10 port expander for networking multiple screens
    Second Garmin 8208 display mounted next to 8212
    Third 8208 mounted at rear helm
    Transducer upgraded to Airmar TM265-LM
    Garmin GCV10 blackbox sonar with SideVu/DownVu transducer
    Garmin VHF 200-NMEA 2000 compatible mounted flush above helm with 8' Shakespeare antenna mounted on roof
    Garmin GHP 20 Autopilot for main engines integrated into Hydraulic steering system
    Second Garmin GHC Autopilot control unit at rear helm station
    Jensen AM/FM/CD/Sirius ready waterproof stereo with 4 speakers
    Yamaha F250 UCA outboard motor (New generation 4.2L)
    Yamaha F250 UCS counter rotating outboard
    Yamaha rigging kits
    Command link DEC binnacle control system (fly by wire) for dual outboards and controls at front and rear stations. Includes standard Command Link guages indicating fuel flow, trim, volts, temp, oil pressure, outboard hours and more at both front and rear stations, all wire harnesses, hardware and installation
    Stainless steel steering tie-bar for dual motors
    Yamaha SDS stainless steel propellers
    Yamaha T9.9LPB remote outboard kicker motor
    Rigging kit for kicker
    Stainless steel steering bar for kicker
    Garmin TR-1 Gold Autopilot for kicker
    Garmin TR-1 Gold wireless remote
    EZ Loader triple axel trailer rated at 15,500lbs with electric over hydraulic brakes
    Slick bunks
    Heavey duty spare tire carrier

I'll post more later...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

A few other things:

Bostrom Wide Ride seats

Probably a West Marine Hypalon AL-390 with Yamaha F15

Crane

Upgraded toilet

Full rear canvas from Buster's
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge

Very nice Stanly! That's going to be one beautiful machine. I live fairly close to the factory so once that build starts I may have to drop in a time or two to drool. My wife and I are a few years out on our next build so I may steal a few of your ideas... Can't wait for the pics to start rolling in.

Congratulations!

Scott

Right on!!! Can't wait to see the pics!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Looks like a great build and with the smart planning U guys put into this it should turn out great. U are working with a great team at Wooldridge.

WOW! Sounds like an amazing boat. Will you trailer it most of the time or leave it in a slip for the season?

You won't regret buying a Wooldridge.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
    you won't regret buying a wooldridge.
    x2.........

Bk

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

Nice boat. Congratulations. The only down side is having to wait until Augus.

This build thread should be better than the boat show!!!! I know Glen and Grant will take good care of you, Danny is a great guy to work with as well, looking forward to seeing it come together here.

Congratulations.

Why stop with twin 250's? For $3K more, same weight, same fuel efficiency but 100 more hp I'd go with the 4.2L 300's. I'm planning my Bayweld build and I know that every $1K counts just throwing it out there.
    Also, I would upgrade your water tank to 50 gallons. Buddy on his GC has 30 gallons and he runs out when out on a 4-day weekend.

I just went to Woolridge site and saw that for the 29' SS Pilothouse the max hp is 500 that might be why you went with the 250's.

It's gonna be a great boat! I really like your electronics package.

One other thing - have you considered a Sliding rear cabin door? Buddies of mine that have cabin doors that swing open like to leave them open when the weather is nice and it takes up room in the cockpit vs a slider.

My father just spent his first summer on an almost identical boat as this one being built and went with 225's and they are more than enough power. 250's will be plenty as well, 300's I think would be overkill.

The rear door swings out to the fish deck, so as long as a cooler doesn't slide in the way you'll be fine and with the diamond plate floors back there, there isn't much sliding if any. The swinging door on those boats are very nice and solid, I'd take it over fighting a slider any day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For now, just plan on trailering. Might leave it in Whittier, not sure.

I upgraded from 9 gal to 20 gal on the fresh water. I will ask what the largest size I can get to fit the cabinet.

I asked about a slider but they don't offer that and I don't mind the door they have, it does stay open.

It almost doesn't seem real, have looked at other builds and can't wait to see those first pieces of aluminum put in the jigs. As soon as I get any more info from Grant or Danny as to time frame, I'll post it right away.
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge

I just caught the comment about the sliding cabin door. If I were building another boat this would be a must. My last boat had a slider and it really made a difference as far as room on the deck.
    Would also suggest you consider a macerator pump connected to the fish boxes.

I'm ok with the door. Each fish box has a whale diaphram pump. I believe they are supposed to take care of that...
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge

Agreed on the macerator pumps, we went back and forth about having those installed during the build, we did and in hindsight they are worth their weight in gold.

Bloody fish water in the hold? Flip a switch and out it goes...

We had a slider in our old boat and amazing how much junk collects in the slide troughs, but you surely don't need to worry about the space to swing the door open. Each has pro's and cons...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can someone explain the difference between a macerator and the whale diaphram???
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge

Stanly,
    If it were me i would have a nice sliding door, match door window with the cabin window, nice part is you can control the amount of venting the door does for the cabin and no swinging slamming door on hinges. Second think about where your going to mount your pot hauler ?? like i told you in the email think about putting it either just below the controls on the back of the house or looking at the picture of Ellamar's dads boat i'd think about mounting it on the side of the hull just next to the steering station(see picture.) It's your rig just trying to throw out some ideas.

Launch.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I have two boats currently (one has a slider, one swinging door) and the slider is THE way to go, hands down. There are no cons to it imo. Potbuilder hit the nail on the head; just cracking the door open on a slider will do wonders with cabin ventilation (as in cross-ventilation) and will help keep windows fog-free. You will never regret a sliding door. Sounds like an awesome build!
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast