Thread: Caribou or black bear hunt ?

Default Caribou or black bear hunt ?

Hi guys I'm traveling to alaska in sept for a sheep/ moose hunt and now have some extra time once I'm done to hunt something else. Just after any recommendations for a bou or black bear outfitter in Alaska in late sept early nov.
    I'm from Australia so unfortunately do need a guide.
    Cheers in advance.

Depending on where your doing your sheep and moose hunt, you might be able to knock out the caribou, or Black bear at the same time talk to your outfitter thats hosting you for the sheep and moose. Just a thought, it'll save you time and maybe money...or maybe not.

More info. here would help if you want advice from us.

In what area will you be hunting? If you know the game management unit number where you'll be hunting that would be of great help.

Im hunting with Max Scwab, he lists GMU 20 ,20A , 13, 14. Im pretty sure that Bou in these areas are draw tags only. Ill give him a call and see what he says. Just thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.
    Cheers fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    Im hunting with Max Scwab, he lists GMU 20 ,20A , 13, 14. Im pretty sure that Bou in these areas are draw tags only. Ill give him a call and see what he says. Just thought it wouldnt hurt to ask.
    Cheers fellas
    You learn good, pilgrim. It is resident draw only for bou except there is one non res caribou draw in 20a. Black bear however are for everyone. Good luck on moose sheep and black bear.

Release Lake Trout

Thanks mate i will ask Max if i can take a Black bear if time permits. Its not easy organising all this from the other end of the earth. lol