Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple more 256WM Rossi 92s

Default Couple more 256WM Rossi 92s

These went out over Christmas, they are the first two octagon to round ones. The 20” with the scope mounts belongs to EKC down in Iowa. The 16” went to a guy in Wisconsin, third Rossi 92 I’ve done for him in 256WM.

DSC_0006.jpgDSC_0003.jpg
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Those are really nice, I will have one, one of these days.

Thanks rbuck I sure like them both, they came out great.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Good work, Andy:

I can't hardly see the scope bases built into the barrel, like they are. They sure don't get in the way, yet they're there when needed.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

If twenty years younger but I don't shot what I got now.They look quaility as expected from you..
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Very nice Andy - well done...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I love mine! It's a perfect world now! I have a coyote shootin lever action. Bill Wells down in the Carolina's molded me up a couple of batches of dandy little 73 gr gas checked bullets. I'm expecting that after the foreplay is over I'll have a load worked up will be agreat 250 yard coyote medicine. I'm goin to give it a go first with iron sights. I think with the bright snow on the ground I'll be able to see the irons fine. If not my little 92 has the coolest scope bases incorporated right into the barrel. It really does look like it belongs there. I may put a red dot on it if my eyes are to tired for the sights. I have annealed and reformed a bunch of 357 mag brass and with the Redding dies that was much easier than presumed. Lube them good and proper and run them through the die. they go in as 357s and come out ready to load and shoot. I think i'll shoot all of the brass once and then trim them all the same. Then i'll work on making a warm load for the little rascal. Most of the guys I hunt with are shooting the 16 inch barreled ARs. They are getting 28-2900 fps with 55 grain sps. I can come real close to that with my lead bullets and can probably equal or surpass it as soon as Hornady turns out another batch of their 60 grain .257 flat points.

I have only shot the gun in the basement and that was only 10 rounds. I was dying to hear it go bang and momma was at the basketball game so bang she went. I wanted to cycle the gun and see it work like it will when said coyote is trying to make a get away. It cycled flawlessly and quickly and I was able to put all rounds into a 50 cent piece across the basement. It is above zero today and the wind is suppose to die down over night so tomorrow the Rossi and I are going to play. I know where there is a den of coyotes that are still dumb......we haven't chased them all over hell's half acre and flung any lead at them yet. I'm fixen to pay them a visit sunday morning.

Andy I really really like what you've done for me! You did it right and I'm tickled pink! I also gotta give props to Smitty of the way North. He donated the gun for the project. It's the kind of guy he is!

If any of you guys are as nuts about lever guns as I am and you got varmints that need killen. Then round yourself a little Rossi 92 in 357 and send it off to Andy. You'll be glad you did! I know that I am......glad that Smitty send a gun to Andy to do for me! HA

Yes that ole Smitty is sure good people! There is a big story there he is too modest to tell. Smitty got the donor rifle from EKC and just couldn’t fall in love with it, I guess EKC couldn’t ether since he sent it down the road. Not that there was anything wrong with the rifle, we just couldn’t find sights that worked for what Smitty wanted out of it. I offered to buy it as a 256 donor but the sly ole dog had other plans, convert it and send it to Iowa to kill some coyote. I had been working on it a month before EKC asked me to build him one.

I did almost every cool thing I could think of to it, wanted to get it there for Christmas but with the holiday shipping mess I missed the mark by a week. Sure glad it’s well liked, if ever any problems with it be sure to give me a holler.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    These went out over Christmas, they are the first two octagon to round ones. The 20” with the scope mounts belongs to EKC down in Iowa. The 16” went to a guy in Wisconsin, third Rossi 92 I’ve done for him in 256WM.

DSC_0006.jpgDSC_0003.jpg
    this is the handgun section, so when am I going to see a working revolver chambered for the .256 win?? I want to see one precisely what we talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    this is the handgun section, so when am I going to see a working revolver chambered for the .256 win?? I want to see one precisely what we talked about.
    Find a 357 Blackhawk doner gun and we will give it a go. I think I have a way figured out to keep it from locking up on the fired bottleneck case. If my idea doesn’t work out we just put the 357 parts back on.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Very nice Andy!!!

You guys have better eyes than me if you're shootin coyotes at 250 yds with iron sights!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Those are some pretty rifles there! What is the cost on one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Those are some pretty rifles there! What is the cost on one of those?
    Basic conversion on owners gun $300, no mounts like the 16” in the picture, round, octagon to round,. About any barrel shape I can do within the donor gun‘s parts. Add $100 for the mounts milled in but then we need to talk about the donor, such as if we need to loose the banded forearm to run a full scout scope or maybe not for something short that lets me move the mounts back away from the band area. Also need to delete or mod the sight to work with the mounts so may be parts money there. That’s a Marble folding sight on EKC’s and I think it was just over $30 shipped but other sight options can get pricy.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

The 256 win is and or was designed as a handgun cartridge and the fact that AD sponsors the Handgun forum make it ok to be here.

Plus one on what you said about Smitty. He would be the last person to toot his own horn but he had a big part in this. I think even ole Smokey was conspiring in the process of getting me this gun.

Andy, Smitty,Smokey and a bunch more of ya would make for some way good neighbors! I' have 4 grown children, 3 of which are married and number 4 gets married in August. I also have 10 grandkids. They are what keeps me in the midwest. However when it comes to good people Alaska is second to none. Smokey is one state away and He and his wife are good company for me and my wife so we get together when we can.

My wife knows that Alaska has always been in the back of my mind. She also knows how much I love my family. I have jumped on this forum almost every day for the last 8 years. Many times I don't touch the keys I just read, learn and smile at the wit behind the pen names that I have come to know so well. Then when I've had my fix and am once again convinced that there are still a lot of good folk in this world I head off to bed..

My 256 is one of my very favorite guns. The people involved in making it happen and the hands that so patiently draw filed the scope bases into that barrel are what makes it what it is. I would really like the gun even if I purchased it at a gun show as it certainly fills a void in my lever gun battery. However where it came from makes it stand out as one of my favorite.

I shot the gun some on saturday even though the wind never let up I was able to get it to the point where i was shooting corn cobs at 50 yards and hitting them almost every shot. I woke up an hour early sunday morning to gale force winds. Our airport reported that we had sustained winds of 40 mph for two solid hours with out a break and they were gusting to around 60 mph. Thats life on the prairie. Mr coyoties two most keen senses are his hearing and his smell and both are hampered by the wind. Therefore mr coyotie stayed true to form and holed up all day. I'll get him him one day soon! I promise and when I do he'll have a .258 hole in his hide!

Building guns in the shadow of Appalachia

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Find a 357 Blackhawk doner gun and we will give it a go. I think I have a way figured out to keep it from locking up on the fired bottleneck case. If my idea doesn’t work out we just put the 357 parts back on.
    AD, what kinda problems are you having? We've done a fair number of 256s and don't really have any issues with them. Feel free to shoot me an email at cstaylor.1911@gmail.com (since I can't yet PM) if I can lend a hand.

BTW, those Rossi's are nice. Kinda flung a craving on me to build one. Been thinking about doing a new Ruger flat top in 256, and I think a lever would make a nice pardner for it.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by k_randomfactor View Post
    AD, what kinda problems are you having? We've done a fair number of 256s and don't really have any issues with them. Feel free to shoot me an email at cstaylor.1911@gmail.com (since I can't yet PM) if I can lend a hand.

BTW, those Rossi's are nice. Kinda flung a craving on me to build one. Been thinking about doing a new Ruger flat top in 256, and I think a lever would make a nice pardner for it.
    No problems at all . . . I haven’t built one yet to have problems with. I am expecting heavy cylinder drag from case setback to be an issue, how big an issue I don‘t know. These little 256wm in a Rossi 92 can be loaded to pressures I know with the setback would at least make pulling a revolver hammer like dragging an anchor. I expect to need some lighter loads but I have a plan so they hopefully won‘t need to be too much lighter.

New flatop and M92 256 combo would be good.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Building guns in the shadow of Appalachia

I think you'll have fewer problems than you think. Yeah, the long gun loads would be a bear, but factory spec ammo, or just under, tends to work ok. DA guns are a different story.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast