Thread: RC 566GMU 13, Nelchina Caribou Tier I Hunt missed application

Default RC 566GMU 13, Nelchina Caribou Tier I Hunt missed application

Hi I missed applying for this tier 1 hunt. Does anyone know if this will be available for registration hunt option when the results come out on 21st February? Thank you. Prior year experiences in this would be helpful.

You are sol for Nelchina caribou. Think about heading north.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

As noted by Hayduke, they will not reopen the registration for this hunt. The only road system caribou opportunities you will have will be the 40 Mile registration hunt in late August (often only a ~2 day season depending on caribou locations and density) or hunting off of the Dalton Highway/Haul Road. Pay attention to the Tier I hunt this year as it unfolds, though, as that can be an excellent opportunity for new hunters.

On a side note, sorry for not responding to your e-mail yet - I'll do so soon.

If I wanted to get experience hunting caribou or just experience. I would see what going on you still hunt for a grizzly or moose just not a caribou. If nothing else you will get the lay of the land for when you do get a tag.

Thanks for the responses guys. looking forward to your email brian. Hi macgyver, if i do not get an opportuniyy for the caribou, I may consider moose. Grizzly might be a far stretch for me having never hunted before....?

A lot of animals are taken because the hunter was in the right place at the right time with little or nothing to do with skill, you have just as good chance of getting a animal as the next guy.

The thing is you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and you may run across another guy that need a partner.

Sorry to sound curt with my last post. Unit 13 is awesome, I go up there 3-4 times a year. Sometimes to hunt and often to chase grayling and just take it all in. It's a good a place as any to hunt even if you don't have a bou tag. I have seen a few brown bears but not many, never any black bears and a few legal moose but never when I could chase them. I actually stopped taking the registration tag becuase I wanted different options for a moose hunt. If you are dead set on hunting caribou than the Hual road or a fly out are bout the only option you have. Good luck and enjoy!

There is always ADAK

Hi macgyver, i definitely do like the sound of being at the right place at the right time. That is what a beginner like me really needs. Would you be interested in hunting moose with me somewhere near anchorage if i can get a moose tag or we both could get a tag. There seems to be a few moose hunts around here, some archery , some archery or shotgun and eklutna lake even i think rifle? We could try day trip hunts nearby and I notice you live in Anchorage too?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterwannabe View Post
    Hi macgyver, i definitely do like the sound of being at the right place at the right time. That is what a beginner like me really needs. Would you be interested in hunting moose with me somewhere near anchorage if i can get a moose tag or we both could get a tag. There seems to be a few moose hunts around here, some archery , some archery or shotgun and eklutna lake even i think rifle? We could try day trip hunts nearby and I notice you live in Anchorage too?
    email sent

There are plenty of moose hunts that you can hunt without being drawn or registering for. Start studying the regs and the maps and figure out what areas you can gain access to and spend the summer learning the area. Good luck!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.