Thread: Smith and Wesson k-22

Default Smith and Wesson k-22

What can any one tell me about a mint original box 8 3/8" barrel S&W k-22 in .22lr?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

It was the predecessor to the S&W model-17 (I currently own a Model-17 with an 8 3/8" barrel). http://www.gunblast.com/Cumpston_K22s.htm

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    What can any one tell me about a mint original box 8 3/8" barrel S&W k-22 in .22lr?

This one is a k-22 masterpiece model 17, in original box with instructions. Pretty sweet looking gun. Came into it from a friend of a friend who had several guns she didn't want around the house anymore, this little revolver, an old j Stevens bolt .410 and a 30-06 Mauser action of as yet undetermined provenance.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    This one is a k-22 masterpiece model 17, in original box with instructions. Pretty sweet looking gun. Came into it from a friend of a friend who had several guns she didn't want around the house anymore, this little revolver, an old j Stevens bolt .410 and a 30-06 Mauser action of as yet undetermined provenance.
    That is a nice set of tools.

Is the K22 a shooter, or an antiquer?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Definitly a shooter, been fired a few times but it's 99.9%.
    I think the ought-six is a 1917 eddystone, but I haven't found out much about it yet, will have to take it apart.

I had my M-17 with the 8 3/8" barrel reamed out to 22 Magnum. You can also send your K-22 to S&W and have them fit a 22 mag. cylinder, then having both cylinders.

The Materpieces have an appropriate following, kind of like old model Rugers or 2nd Generation Colts. Value is obviously increased by the box, the older two piece boxes are pretty darn cool in their own right. I've wanted one of the 6" versions for a while, a nice example was available at ImpactnArea in Soldotna, but the box was incorrect--serial'd to a different gun. They had it priced right if the box and pow matched, but overpriced without.

You can easily look up serial to date the gun and then find a good idea of high value from Gunbroker.

Super cool gun and a good one to hold onto.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Back awhile ago when I owned the Outdoor Store in Homer, my wife picked up a 5 screw 17 from a fellow with a little girl named Jewel who live up at the head of the Bay and gave it to me for my birthday. It shoots just fine but has been used a bunch and holster worn but still a keeper. I think I have a Remington model 12 that used to live up that way too...no bluing but a nice bore and fun to shoot....who'd a thought.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Mine has been a very accurate pistol, I have shot thousands of rounds and it still shoots great. It was the first pistol I purchased when I was 21 years old, and that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Back awhile ago when I owned the Outdoor Store in Homer, my wife picked up a 5 screw 17 from a fellow with a little girl named Jewel who live up at the head of the Bay and gave it to me for my birthday. It shoots just fine but has been used a bunch and holster worn but still a keeper. I think I have a Remington model 12 that used to live up that way too...no bluing but a nice bore and fun to shoot....who'd a thought.
    The outdoor store where NAPA is now?

I don't know where NAPA is, but it was on Sterling highway on the right side as you come into town....maybe 519 or something like that.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.