Thread: Glare & Reflection off Objective Lense........???

Default Glare & Reflection off Objective Lense........???

Do you consider this a serious issue for hunting results........??? What are ways to mitigate......???

Nope as critters see the same thing from water,horns,wet rocks and other stuff. I put it n line with camp fire smoke another thing critters are used to.JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well, my spotter has a sun shade that slides up. That must cut down on some of the glare. I've been in a spot a time or two where I had to peek over the top of a hill to take a look. When doing that, I take of my jacket, get that over me, the spotter, etc. then crawl up. I think what sheep and other animals are looking for is movement and patterns. A bright glare where there wasn't one before will at least draw their attention to you.

Another thing I try to do is to look "through" obstacles from a short distance. If you're right behind a small bush with a small hole, you can peek through and get some natural camo.

Of course, this would be the biggest problem when the sun is mostly behind the critter. If it's behind you, then getting silhouetted is the bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Do you consider this a serious issue for hunting results........??? What are ways to mitigate......???
    What exactly are you hunting?
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    What exactly are you hunting?
    BK
    Zombies!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdi View Post
    Zombies!!!!!
    Then yes, I would worry about glare. I hear zombies like shiny things?!
    However, he would have fallen the trees across the road and his "army" would dig up the pavement, so it shouldn't be an issue. Zombies would never make it to his hidey-hole, LOL!
    BK

I
    Foo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Anyone have any methods, other than using nylon stockings.

I've had quite a few pronghorns react, several wild turkeys, and one bull moose. That said, the percentage of occurence has been so low I've never stressed much about it. If I hunted pronghorns every year I'd prolly try something.

I've seen "waffle" lense covers for sale - I think military shooters use them frequently.

If the Viet Cong is your quarry, perhaps.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6