Thread: Holster Advice

Default Holster Advice

Do you guys have any recommendations for a good IWB holster. I recently picked up a Glock 27 and I'd like to find a good holster to use to carry it concealed. I've never used an IWB holster so I really don't know what to look for in the various makes and models. Any advice is appreciated.

I have used the CompTac CTAC which was ok. It shifted around my waist and I had to constantly mess with it to get it back to the spot where I liked it. It was quick to put on though, and it was easy to draw the weapon.

Now I use a crossbreed Super Tuck and I really like this IWB holster. It took awhile to get used to and break it in, but it was worth it. The leather backing is comfortable against the hip and has no jabbing or poking edges. Lead times are up to two months, but well worth it in my opinion.

Check out their site.

Default holster

Galco makes an excellent IWB holster called, I believe, the Royal Guard. It is made of horsehide which doesn't lose it's molded shape easily, reinforced at the top with 2 snap straps that fit over your belt to prevent the holster from coming out. Saw them at Great Northern guns, Anchorage.

Default galco

galco also make a very small but extreemly comfortable iwb that uses a clip i have one from when i carried a glock i would let you try it for a few days and if you like it i would sell it to you for 10 bucks they are like 50 bucks new nick 351-5609

Default IWB holster

Milt Sparks....Idaho

Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell

I wear a DeSantis Cozy Partner.
    Now what ?

Default desantis

I have a desantis iwb that I really like.

Default Hide the holster

I like Kramer Horsehide and Milt Sparks Executive Companion holsters. They work very well for the 1911 and Browning Hi Power. You need a good quality belt. Filson sells a double thickness belt in 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch widths that serves very well for properly anchoring a holster.

Sterling, AK

Default IWB

I use a Kramer Horsehide IWB 2 for my 1911 and it works fine for me.

Default Galco

Galco makes my favorite holsters

NSA2 for inside the waste
    Cop 2 slot outside
    Ankle Glove for down there
    And the Jackass for shoulder carry.