Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep Shape 2014

Default Sheep Shape 2014

I figured it is time to get the body conditioned for sheep season. I tried this great workout that only required a small room. I didn't have to go outside to get a great workout. There are four exercises and one round through all four exercises equals one rep. The goal is ten reps without resting

Each round consists of:
    Air Squats x 10
    Jumping Lunges x 10 (start in down position for the lunge- jump and switch the positions of the legs landing in lunge down position)
    High Jump x 10 (stand in place and jump as high as you can)
    Lunges x 10 (alternating legs)

Scale the workout as needed but do it periodically to try and beat your last rep count or time. I guarantee you will see and feel results

Happy Training

Easy alternative that worked for me:

Exercise at lunch 3-5 times a week. Run or gym (group classes or hit the weights). Increases muscle mass to burn more fat all day long even when not exercising.

Try to keep dinner to one plateful. But eat all the veggies you want all day long so fill up. No sodas (I know some people who drink sodas all day) the occasional one is okay, have 12 ounce coffees instead of 16s or 20s. Keep alcohol intake to one a day (or less) (a few are okay for parties or weekends). The whole game in all this is to keep your metabolism high to shed excess pounds.

Sobie2

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie2 View Post
    Easy alternative that worked for me:

Exercise at lunch 3-5 times a week.
    But what about lunch...???
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Eat that while you work (if possible). I play Ultimate with 15-20 students twice a week at lunch, then just grab a bite here and there as possible during my next class. Sometimes I don't really get to sit down and eat until the end of the day, and while that's certainly not ideal, I wouldn't miss that time of running with my students for anything.

This was the view from a recent Sheep Shape hike. It's way more fun than spending time in a gym, as far as I'm concerned.

Great picture. Its a great feeling to get to the end of an climb and be able to see a view like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    The key for me is eating 5 times a day. Body is like a furnace, got to keep some fuel in it. Snacks of fruit, veggies, no butter popcorn, cliff bars, etc. Amazing what it has done for me I'm down 45 pounds since April.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Charterboat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    This was the view from a recent Sheep Shape hike. It's way more fun than spending time in a gym, as far as I'm concerned.

I could envision a bottle of crown next to that right boot, would that still be training? no soda of course

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    I could envision a bottle of crown next to that right boot, would that still be training? no soda of course
    It's not crown, but I've had a similar thought at other times. It's all part of the training regimen, as they say that beer is helpful in recovery from a workout.

Alright, it's time to resurrect this thread. By now we're all either poring over maps in the area we drew a tag for or solidifying plan B (if it's not already solid), so it's time to end fat season and hit the hills...or the treadmills, whatever your flavor.

So, how about it? What are you doing this weekend to work towards sheep shape?

I started a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I don't have as much weight to lose as last year. I took a bit of a break from the gym (ok, 4 months off so not to little of a break) and I have some lbs to shed. The knee is feeling better after surgery a couple years ago, but I still cant handle any running. Tracking my progress on the fitbit which makes it easier to police myself. Now to just stay motivated...

That Ruination IPA is good stuff, you've got some good taste in Beer Brian. Have you ever had dogfish head? The 60 and 90 min IPA is awesome... oh I did some lunges today, there that satisfies the relevancy of my post in this thread.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I got a 40lb weight vest and walk with it a lot. Changing the length of my stride will change the intensity of the workout. I wish my vest went to 100lb though. 40 is empty pack weight...but a huge help nonetheless.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I don't know anything about vests but I have an extra 20lbs stuffed into my t-shirt that I have been hauling around the last couple months...

My goal this winter was just not to put on winter weight that I would have to shed later. I've done great in keeping off the standard 5 lbs I seam to put on every winter and have kept in great shape. Been playing rec league hockey once a week and typically getting three additional work outs in. Been leaning towards full body type workouts and more cardio as opposed to heavy weight lifting like I used to do. I'm already way ahead in my sheep training compared to last year. Now if I'd just put down this Fat Tire I'd probably be even further ahead.

My last year I guided I hit the weights and put on about ten lbs and man did I pay for it when it came
    To climbing!! Lean muscle is the way to go for sheep shape. More cardio and cross training rather than muscle/body building is the way to go!
    Master guide 212

This year's plan A and B have both been dashed on the rocks, or maybe have become some other lucky tag winners plans now. Plans C, D, and E will be accompanying a few friends on walk-ins for sheep, goat, and elk as pack "mule". Maybe that'll build some more draw karma?

I have the opposite problem that it seems most have on this sheep shape thread - I tend to loose weight when I skip going to the gym. Played city league basketball this fall and am playing hockey twice a week in addition to stair machine and lifting at the gym another time or two a week. Might try Arctic Sapper's in house routine today...Trying to get up to 185, only 15 more pounds to go!

Had to piggyback my 70 pound daughter over a lava field about a half mile at 80 degrees after she stepped on a thorn and cut her foot, and did it in flip flops. Didn't even draw a tag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had that problem....I love protein and lifting but don't like gaining weight.
    Master guide 212

Lots of bodyweight exercises; pull-ups, push-ups, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, burpees. Mix in a good ruck for 45 mins-1 hr with 40 lbs. 3X a week on uneven terrain. In shape for anything in no time. No need in hauling around over 40 lbs in training, save killing yourself for the long haul with a load of meat.

Clean meals, lean protien, lots of water water water to flush out the system daily.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast