Thread: Fourth of July Creek good for brownies???

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Default Fourth of July Creek good for brownies???

Heading up that way in September on the Yentna. What does the population look like for bears on Fourth of July Creek on an average Fall hunt??? Any imput would be great! THANKS!!

I have a friend with a cabin just up from there and I have spent alot of time on that creek. Never seen a bear track nor a pile of poop. In fact that area is void of critters, even moose. I was really surprised. Fishing is good for salmon at the mouth and you can wear your arms out on them but besides that, not worth the time...

Lol nice Steve. He's probably got the hunt booked. Alotabs public information about areas that locals can access sometimes will be accurate and other times skewed to protect ones fun places. Maybe read between the lines on any post in this forum about game populations in specific areas.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Well he said "any input would be great",lol. I was actually just trying to help out as I have spent alot of time in the area. He can THANK GOD he's going in mid Sept and not earlier due to the BUGS but I hope he's got a plane as it's one heck of crappy boat ride getting up that far at that time of year. If you see a red and white Maule, come up 2 miles to the last cabin on the Yentna and tell me different!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    If you see a red and white Maule, come up 2 miles to the last cabin on the Yentna and tell me different!
    Make sure its Steve's maul and not either of the Graham's red and white mauls. Too many mauls in the upper Yentna.

alottabs,
    "New York city will never amount to much of anything because its too far from Tupper Lake!"
    I think i might still have that poster somewhere. Too funny.

Who are you hunting with, just out of curiosity? I've got a cabin about 7 miles upstream of Lake Creek.

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

agp,
    That is a famous quote in my part of the world!!! LOL. Redlander-- I am hunting with Wayne Kabut

Wayne.......Is a well experienced professional.

Quote Originally Posted by alottabs View Post
    I am hunting with Wayne Kabut

Guess I should be fair and say I have spent most of my time from the mouth up about a mile. Most bears in that area in mid Sept are most likely further up the creek. Didn't mean to rain on anyones parade. Good luck hunting!

Wayne Kubat hunts most of that part of the Yetna River, Lots of Alder to bust thru, I haven't seen any really big bears, but you might get lucky, lot of Black bears though.

Quote Originally Posted by alottabs View Post
    agp,
    I am hunting with Wayne Kabut
    Good to hear the recommendations for this guy. We've got a neighbor that fancies himself a guide, and I don't know that I'd hunt Easter eggs with him.