Thread: 1st Caribou Hunt

Default 1st Caribou Hunt

Me and a buddy are going on our first Alaskan hunt in 2015. Going to do a fly-in, drop off, self guided type hunt. Have also looked into the Airboat hunt with Roy's guide service. Have been talking with Ram Aviation, Deltana Outfitters, Arrowhead Outfitters. Any thoughts on the guys I listed or any experience with these guys. PM me if there are any comments negative enough to use the PM service. Just want a good experience at the end of the day.

Thanks

Do a google search for Ram Aviation and Arrowhead Outfitters and see what you think about the reviews. I'll sure you'll get plenty of PM's that will lead you in the right direction. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jglass15 View Post
    Me and a buddy are going on our first Alaskan hunt in 2015. Going to do a fly-in, drop off, self guided type hunt. Have also looked into the Airboat hunt with Roy's guide service. Have been talking with Ram Aviation, Deltana Outfitters, Arrowhead Outfitters. Any thoughts on the guys I listed or any experience with these guys. PM me if there are any comments negative enough to use the PM service. Just want a good experience at the end of the day.

Thanks
    Until you are on the forum a bit longer and have more posts, you won't have the ability to PM (forum policy). Best thing would be to provide an e-mail address for people to get in touch with you directly if they have something specific to mention.

after you google ram avaition then you should probably decide to use either golden eagle outfitters (jared) or arctic backcountry (eric seih) if your going thinking of going out of kotz. i would use either of the last two in a heartbeat.

I'd be interested in info on Arrowhead, I know a crew that used them last year and couldn't be happier............. I have googled them and I would welcome pms.

Do a search on here for Arrowhead.

I have done two drop camps for caribou with Deltana Outfitters. Also did one drop camp for caribou with Ram Aviation. Never hunted with Arrowhead. I highly recommend Deltana. While we filled our tags in all three camps, the caribou we saw from the Deltana camps were much more numerous and higher quality. The country around the Deltana camps was gorgeous, and we saw many other species while hunting. Deltana provided us with great experiences. Send me your email and I can speak in more detail about all 3 hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    I have done two drop camps for caribou with Deltana Outfitters. Also did one drop camp for caribou with Ram Aviation. Never hunted with Arrowhead. I highly recommend Deltana. While we filled our tags in all three camps, the caribou we saw from the Deltana camps were much more numerous and higher quality. The country around the Deltana camps was gorgeous, and we saw many other species while hunting. Deltana provided us with great experiences. Send me your email and I can speak in more detail about all 3 hunts.
    Patty, my e-mail is jglasson@bellfence.com

Thanks for the response

Thanks anchskier...will take me a while to learn all the forum lingo I guess

Used Deltana outfitters before they are real good also used Ram out of those 2 I recommend Deltana outfitters

Did a caribou drop off last year with Deltana out of Happy Valley. No complaints, good hunt, loved the pilot.