Thread: Fishphone Pike

Default Fishphone Pike

Tried the Fishphone for pike yesterday. The cloudy and stained water severly limited range of the camera. I needed to set the camera hole about 18 inches from the jigging hole. Only saw 2 fish come in, including this "swing and miss" as I was still setting up.

Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Coo! It's amazing a fish could grab a lure and not get hooked like that! I guarantee if any of us grabbed a lure with our hands and somebody yanked...we'd be in the emergency room. Lol.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Too bad that one got away.
    I have seen a few fish phone videos and I have to say I am sure glad I didn't buy one.
    I am not impressed with the video quality.
    I have a Aqua view spool color camera and it has much better resolution. I don't have a camera to hook up to it to record and I feel that is it's only downfall.
    Then again I use my flasher so much more anyway.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

The quality seems to just be ok, although in that water I don't think anything would have performed very well. Visibility at 18 inches was way worse yesterday than where I was trout fishing last week and had the camera set about 4 feet away. Turning on the LED lights made it worse, as Rudy previously commented - like driving with high beams in a snowstorm.

The advantages I see with Fishphone. Priced under $200. Can record video. Viewable on multiple devices.
    Certainly a matter of personal opionion as to how important any of that is. I will likely purchase a better camera at some point in the future since I usually fish with my wife and it would be nice to have 2 cameras anyway.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Default Fishphone Pike

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Too bad that one got away.
    I have seen a few fish phone videos and I have to say I am sure glad I didn't buy one.
    I am not impressed with the video quality.
    I have a Aqua view spool color camera and it has much better resolution. I don't have a camera to hook up to it to record and I feel that is it's only downfall.
    Then again I use my flasher so much more anyway.
    Though I completely agree about the 240p video recording capacity which is greatly disappointing to me, I felt a LOT better about it hearing the quotes Kodiakcombo was quoting for a "real" camera. For under 200 bucks it's already paid for itself in entertainment for the kids. But if one already has an alternative for recording the underwater action, I agree completely.

An aquaview on cabela was $299. This was $189...no monitor of course, but most people already have the "monitor" plus the built in dvr in their phone or tablet.

Another cool aspect is anyone with a smartphone...virtually everyone these days, can get it on the action.

It does look a bit better live on screen. But yeah, if you are looking for a good recorder, then this is not it. Sounds ridiculous but I may mount my gopro under it or above it for the "high def" video aspect....since I already have one of those.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Took my new fishphone to Lower Fire Lake today. Great time, the live video was much better than the recording. It cleared up alot of what I was seeing on my Vexilar flasher. I had a couple get off and several strike that is just couldn't hook up on. Even see a great Rainbow, he was playing around with herring on the bottom of the lake a pike spit out. IMG_2211.jpg