Thread: Wanted Lg solid wood otter boards

Default Wanted Lg solid wood otter boards

I'm looking to pick up a few solid wood lg otter stretchers ASAP. Really need lg boards I've got a bunch of XXXL otter in the freezer that need stretched. I'm between Wasilla and Sutton daily.

Supporting Member

Will send you a PM with a possible source.

Havent been able to find any so ordered some from snareshop. Got 6 lg boards for about $140 shipped. Hopefully one of my monster otter pays for them looking at 13 total now over 42"

I miss your trapping pics sir, got any to share from this season?
    Also, we are getting otter in trapable numbers now around here and I know vey little about them. What do they do for dens? I figure maybe they take over old beaver huts??? I think I saw some sign on a small drainage ditch, however its about 400 - 500 yards off of a sizeable stream and not sure they would go that far from a food source as the small ditch is only about a foot deep and 6 feet wide. Not sure they have much to feed on in that shallow water. Found the sign at a beaver den that appears to be active.
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Its been a good season Smokey I picked up a few new toys to get me deeper into the woods to get myself in trouble easier lol. I've managed to pick up several fox, lynx, yotes, wolverine, beaver, otter, mink, marten, and rats on my line. Not in great numbers this season but no complaints. I didn't create a journal this season, to many people trying to find something wrong with my sets or even trying to find my area last season. I hope your having a good season as well

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I miss your trapping pics sir, got any to share from this season?
    Also, we are getting otter in trapable numbers now around here and I know vey little about them. What do they do for dens? I figure maybe they take over old beaver huts??? I think I saw some sign on a small drainage ditch, however its about 400 - 500 yards off of a sizeable stream and not sure they would go that far from a food source as the small ditch is only about a foot deep and 6 feet wide. Not sure they have much to feed on in that shallow water. Found the sign at a beaver den that appears to be active.

Had a great season TM for an old boy that came out of trapping retirement last year!
    Not sure what size those boards were you ordered but I saw 6in x 59 or maybe it was 6 x 69 solid basswood boards for otters - $136.00 dozen from PCS Trappers Supplies. Good people to buy from...
    Its hard to trap multiple species at the same time and when your using anything other than a truck to haul gear in it becomes more complex. You should be proud of your skills with such a nice variety of game you have taken, it is not easy!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....