Thread: Technology: Making hunting too easy?

Default Technology: Making hunting too easy?

Mawg was huddled next to the fire in his cave, attaching a new stone head to his favorite spear. Just as he was putting the last few wraps of sinew on, his tribemate, and sometimes rival, Thag, came in to the cave and huddled up to the fire.

What Mawg do with spear? Where get pointy rock? asked Thag

Get rock from Ooglymoogly's across big river. They make. Mawg trade shiny pebbles from back of cave, get pointy rock for spear. Make spear better! Make mammoth die faster! boasted Mawg

Why you need make mammoth die faster? Hunt like man! said Thag as he thumped his forearm against his chest. Bash in head with rock! Me traditionalist!

Mawg then said Me no bash in head with rock anymore. Me have new pointy-rock spear now. Me kill more meat than Thag. Me get more girls.

Fuh! cried Thag Pointy-rock spear cheating! No give mammoth fair chance. Soon everyone in valley have pointy-rock spear and mammoth go away forever! Technology making hunt too easy!!!
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Mawg was huddled next to the fire in his cave, attaching a new stone head to his favorite spear. Just as he was putting the last few wraps of sinew on, his tribemate, and sometimes rival, Thag, came in to the cave and huddled up to the fire.

Get rock from Ooglymoogly's across big river. They make. Mawg trade shiny pebbles from back of cave, get pointy rock for spear. Make spear better! Make mammoth die faster! boasted Mawg

Why you need make mammoth die faster? Hunt like man! said Thag as he thumped his forearm against his chest. Bash in head with rock! Me traditionalist!

Mawg then said Me no bash in head with rock anymore. Me have new pointy-rock spear now. Me kill more meat than Thag. Me get more girls.

Fuh! cried Thag Pointy-rock spear cheating! No give mammoth fair chance. Soon everyone in valley have pointy-rock spear and mammoth go away forever! Technology making hunt too easy!!!

That's it, I'm goin' Mammoth Hunting this year !!! I know their around, I've seen their tusks on in a few homes already........

Hope to see you at Pizza Man next month when Brian says it's time.....CK

I tried...

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Erik in AK again.)
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Well said , Erik.

I have always used open sights, and some claim they are "inhumane' and primitive........

Im not concernd so much about the weapon being used, lazer beams someday, its the motivation and the looking over of the animal and whats done afterward that concerns me.
    Killing just because its easy is always wrong, in Life, War or Hunting.

I Mammoth Hunt with no weapons at all
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    I Mammoth Hunt with no weapons at all
    ....and I am so envious of that...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Plenty of mammoth roaming Matsu, but you better have the cow permit as some of them sport the biggest ivory.

Sent from my iPhone while hiding with a gun and a bottle.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Taking game the stone age way would still work fine buts its illegal.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Personally, fire would have been easier then a spear. Well that and a cliff.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Well that and a cliff.

Ron
    me too lazy to throw spear. Me chase mammoth to head smashed in mammoth jump in Canada. After mammoth commit suicide, me take meat. om nom nom nom.

. Soon everyone in valley have pointy-rock spear and mammoth go away forever! Technology making hunt too easy!!![/I]
    And thats why we're not hunting mammoths anymore. Sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    And thats why we're not hunting mammoths anymore. Sad really.
    Not sure what the limit was on Mammoth, but I heard it wasn't the caveman. most of the Mammoth population was abducted by Aliens.

i believe it was the community harvest subsistience hunt around the road system that finally did in the mammoth...too many cavemen abusing the system. if only that had gone to a draw system sooner instead of harvest tickets and subsistience free-for-alls there'd be plenty of mammoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Plenty of mammoth roaming Matsu,
    One tried to take me home with her when I stopped at Denali Brewing last fall.

Man, I had no idea the Ooglymooglys had been around that long...

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    i believe it was the community harvest subsistience hunt around the road system that finally did in the mammoth...too many cavemen abusing the system. if only that had gone to a draw system sooner instead of harvest tickets and subsistience free-for-alls there'd be plenty of mammoth.
    LOL....I heard they waited too long to institute the 50" or greater tusk restrictions.....of course, the bios recommended it, but they were just a buncha long-haired hippie Cro-Magnons, so nobody listened....
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    LOL....I heard they waited too long to institute the 50" or greater tusk restrictions.....of course, the bios recommended it, but they were just a buncha long-haired hippie Cro-Magnons, so nobody listened....
    Was that just on the left side and the right needed three points at the end?

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Shuks, I didnt know we couldnt drive Caribou off cliffs, I'll have to stop doing that........my biggest disappointment was that I cannot set up sets of snares along the river bank or encircle the tops of Hills with snares to drive Caribou into.

The real reason Mammoth died out was government regulation and being tax'd to death with health care they didnt want or could even afford.......

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    LOL....I heard they waited too long to institute the 50" or greater tusk restrictions....

Would have been much too difficult for Mawg and Thag to judge the 50", and the Neanderthal biologist's didn't have tape measures! Getting those tusks sealed would have been a heck of a goat rope!

I trust that despite modern homo sapiens greatly improved spears, biologists of the current epoch will prevent any future extinctions due to over-hunting of alaskan game.

2012 BC, Hailstone Kobuk Culture Mosin Nagant steel pointy tip for spear is first tested.......

2013BC, pointy tip has malfunction after much more Caribou

Sept 2013BC, Much Caribou stuck, now time for big fire. Now must dig Onion for steaks.

Devastaing modern pointy weapons wound entrance, no broken bonz, only 2 holes in Heart, no meat loss.....place tip in vital spot (placement is EVERYTHING , even a Caveman can do it ) push till it stops , pull out, done... Spears at their best, make good hole

Gettum kids plenty dead animals to eat, plenty dead skins to wear, plenty happy little cave kids, them tell them friends...soon everyone want Mosin Nagant pointy thing on shaft, Kill too much........

Must lock up and keep spears from children!! Children play in most odd way with spears, bring home Seals.......

And then them plenty cave kids bring Mammoth home own (Youth Hunt, rocks much smaller , pointy sticks shorter )

Now must apply online for next years Mammoth draw. Can I get any tips on how to make pointy Mosin Nagant Tip kill faster?? How best to stalk Mammoth on hiway 5 mile corridor? How knowum best caliber pointy thing??

Thank much you in advance

I don't know about all areas, but the preferred method in Matsu is baiting with red wine.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.