Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Electronics sale and other boat stuff

  1. #1
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,231

    Default Electronics sale and other boat stuff

    received this email this morning and thought i'd pass it on. I've ordered from this outfit and was satisfied. I've got no connection with them just passing it on.


    January, 2014
    FREE SPEAKERS For a Limited Time
    FUSION MS-IP600G
    Free 6 Inch Speaker
    ON SALE For a Limited Time
    ACR GlobalFix iPro CAT II
    Only $696.99
    Until December 20th
    CLOSEOUT DEAL!

    Garmin GPSMAP 541s with Ducer
    Only $459.99
    For a Limited Time!
    Manufacturer's Rebates


    Below are products offered on Anchor Express that have rebates through their manufacturer. We have provided a link to each rebate form in PDF format (Adobe Reader required) to help assist you in your efforts to get the best deal possible by redeeming these rebate.

    Please note that these rebates are issued by and redeemed directly through the manufacturer, not Anchor Express. Please be sure you send the rebate form and any related material to the manufacturer's address listed on the rebate form (s). Any questions you may have on the status of your rebate should be directed to the manufacturer.


    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  2. #2
    Member pacific23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Whitesboro, Texas
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Here is a link to the above post http://www.anchorexpress.com/raymarine , I couldn't see the whole post and had to open a Ad to find the store.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Petersburg, AK
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Here's an Alaskan company that has pretty good prices and will ship via USPS Priority or Express Mail. http://www.homeportelectronics.com

  4. #4
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Just a example that comes out to aprox $100 difference.
    Anchor Express w/shipping $1317.09
    Furuno FCV587 8.4" Color Fishfinder (Transducer Sold Separately)

    Item #: FCV587
    Retail: $1,695.00

    Price: $1,229.99
    You Save: $465.01 (27.4%)


    Homeport price w/shipping $1429.99

    When i was shopping for my Simrad autopilot system i couldn't find anyone that was even close to Anchor's prices, i saved close to $400 bucks.

    I just looked a Semperfi Gil's site and he has the same machine for $1215.00 great price.

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    200.00 for shipping ... For a small unit... Way to rip off people..
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

  6. #6

    Default

    The internet is sure changing the way fishermen shop. The local mom and pop shops are going to have trouble charging a 60% markup on boat stuff. (or 100-200%)

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    The internet is sure changing the way fishermen shop. The local mom and pop shops are going to have trouble charging a 60% markup on boat stuff. (or 100-200%)
    Not really they will just go out of business. When I closed my shop several guys were piss because they could not come in and see what they order outside and ask question.

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah, I can see that. The folks that were complaining probably were not really customers anyway. I typically buy local, but when somebody tries to sell the same thing local for 200-300% more than it should be, it is hard to seriously shop at that establishment. I remember commenting to the manager of the Fish House in Seward about how decent their prices were, His comment was, "it won't take long for the charter guys to just order and buy it on Amazon. The next thing you know, I'm out of business." And he's right. He has to find a way to compete. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount more like the Fish House charges as I realize they are somewhat seasonal, have to pay rent, and everything is 20% more expensive up here, but customers are not going to be taken for ride either - at least not for long.

  9. #9
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    200.00 for shipping ... For a small unit... Way to rip off people..
    Who's charging 200 for shipping ?? Anchor was aprox $80 (high i think) & Homeport was $31. Difference is homeport charges more for the unit itself.

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  10. #10
    Member bobmikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    359

    Default

    What I have noticed and take advantage of is online sales by Cabela's. I found a reel I needed in the store and checked online to see what they were selling for. Saved $20 by ordering from online store and had free shipping to local store here.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Who's charging 200 for shipping ?? Anchor was aprox $80 (high i think) & Homeport was $31. Difference is homeport charges more for the unit itself.
    I must mis read what you wrote. Or was confused
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

  12. #12
    Member NeverLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    Yeah, I can see that. The folks that were complaining probably were not really customers anyway. I typically buy local, but when somebody tries to sell the same thing local for 200-300% more than it should be, it is hard to seriously shop at that establishment. I remember commenting to the manager of the Fish House in Seward about how decent their prices were, His comment was, "it won't take long for the charter guys to just order and buy it on Amazon. The next thing you know, I'm out of business." And he's right. He has to find a way to compete. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount more like the Fish House charges as I realize they are somewhat seasonal, have to pay rent, and everything is 20% more expensive up here, but customers are not going to be taken for ride either - at least not for long.
    I've seen ceramic sharpeners (with handles) for sale in the shops in Seward for about $25-$30. The Fish House has them for about $10 plus sales tax (NO handles). You can buy them online for $5, plus $15 shipping. However, you can buy up to 2 dozen and still only pay $15 for shipping.

  13. #13

    Default

    How did you know I needed a sharpener?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •