Thread: tough day

Unhappy tough day

went to seymour lake saw 1 fish 3"and no other fish for 3 hrs. then went to boost my ego at finger lake , last week caught 60 in three hrs. this week 3 in 3 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by love em and leave em View Post
    went to seymour lake saw 1 fish 3"and no other fish for 3 hrs. then went to boost my ego at finger lake , last week caught 60 in three hrs. this week 3 in 3 hrs.
    Tough Day? What? Try sitting in the office reading all the fishing posts while somebody is screaming to get a budget done!! THAT'S a TOUGH DAY!! haha. I'm kidding of course...sort of! I'd rather been you!!!

One of the general discussions I am sure I can find somewhere is "low pressure days vs High Pressure days" does it make a difference? If so, which is better. I used to think I did better on snowy low pressure days, but looking through my logs, I'm not so sure why i think that.

Did you notice anything substantially different today especially on Finger Lake? More or less light? Time of day? etc....

Appreciate the update!!!! I'm trolling forums and old logs to see where I can take my kids this weekend. Big Lake tends to be a tad too slow to take my kids (12 & 9 years old). I also want a lake I can fish bait so they at least have a chance while they are bored and entertaining themselves while not actively holding a rod.

Guess I'm not the only one that goes to finger lake for an ego boost.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Flat Lake is like Big Lake...just can use bait....and is errr....a little flatter

Kardinal, the time of day was about the same 12 noon til about 3, less people there on wed,than on saterday before last ,flat light, very little wind ,I am talking about finger lake .first time fishing seymour got there 9 or so fished til 11 :30 saw 1 little fish and some stickle backs . the fish at finger were not aggressive like they were the week before. We did watch them on camera, and they would just bump the bait with there nose ,the same bait they readily ate the week before and we fished about 50' from where we fished the week before this week 11'of water last week 9' even drilled the same place as last week and saw no fish.

I was at Seymour last Saturday for around 5 hours and didn't even see a thing. Still better then being at the office for sure.