Thread: Looking for Marine/Airboat Machine Shop in South Central

Default Looking for Marine/Airboat Machine Shop in South Central

Going though my engine, tore it apart yesterday, bearings very bad, engine with only 54 hrs, no oil pressure at idle, 30 lbs when running. 496 crate engine i bought 1.5 yrs ago. Looks good on the inside except for crank and main bearings. I do not trust and will not go to Valley Machine shop. Don't know about B&L but they say performance shop. Also told there is a good shop in Chugiak. I need a place that i can trust to do me good without taking advantage and doing what is not necessary. Any body have direct experience with either of these two places or another shop you would suggest. Experience with airboat/marine engines a big plus. Thank you, Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Going though my engine, tore it apart yesterday, bearings very bad, engine with only 54 hrs, no oil pressure at idle, 30 lbs when running. 496 crate engine i bought 1.5 yrs ago. Looks good on the inside except for crank and main bearings. I do not trust and will not go to Valley Machine shop. Don't know about B&L but they say performance shop. Also told there is a good shop in Chugiak. I need a place that i can trust to do me good without taking advantage and doing what is not necessary. Any body have direct experience with either of these two places or another shop you would suggest. Experience with airboat/marine engines a big plus. Thank you, Bud

Apparently there's not one bud...

Bud spend the money $$$$$15,000 and order one built for how you run either from gto or water thunder performance. I'm sure skip told same thing that's what advise he gave me.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Whats wrong with valley machine? I've never heard anything bad myself. PM me with the scoop.

Anchorage Drag Bike has a decent reputation, I have used them for a few things in the past. They're kind of spendy though. I've heard a few good things about Cokers as well.
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power