Thread: Tracks for older Polaris Ranger 6x6 chain drive - looking for info or to buy

Default Tracks for older Polaris Ranger 6x6 chain drive - looking for info or to buy

I have an '04 ranger 6x6 (solid rear axle) and am interested in tracking the back wheels. Does such a kit exist or even better, does someone have any for sale? Any guidance on how these perform, maintenance issues, etc would be beneficial.

Thanks.

Your post is confusing, Rangers aren't chain drive. If your looking for tracks for an older six wheeler with rear chain drive, I know someone who is trying to sell a set with the spreader blocks. Send me a private message if this is the case with your phone number and I will pass it on the the owner of the tracks and have him call you.

Sorry, my bad. Ranger shaft drive w/ solid rear, not the newer IRS type.

Quote Originally Posted by peaceman View Post
    I have an '04 ranger 6x6 (solid rear axle) and am interested in tracking the back wheels. Does such a kit exist or even better, does someone have any for sale? Any guidance on how these perform, maintenance issues, etc would be beneficial.

Thanks.
    What is your intensions for the front wheels?? Chains or Ski's? The Tracks Company out of Okland, CA. US. designed a Metal Track IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0018.jpgto go over the Rubber Tires to work with a now discontinued AD Boivin TraXion + Rubber Tracks. This combination allowed enough slippage on the rear combo Metal over the Rubber to work with the timming for the front drive. There are a few companies in the USA that do modifications to the PR 6X6 that are a true 6x6 all Rubber Track Machine, But for some reasom Polaris doesnot want to make a production tracked 6X6 machine?? I will attache a JPEG/Pic of my 2007 PR 6X6 Tracked. The pic does not have the tracks on the front but I have them. I was going to install a set of ski's on the front untill I found a Used set of the AD Boivin TraXion + Tracks on a forum in Winnipeg Man, Can. The Tracks Company made a 12" and a 18' Track, I have the 18" Tracks on my machine and needed 3" spacers, making the OLWidth of the machine, 75".

Bruce.

I have considered tracking 6-wheelers and even 4-wheelers (think paddle-tire-chain on steroids) with an over-the-wheel track similar to the one I've been building for my buddies argos. I've tracked (2) axles on 8-wheelers with great success too. It would work excellent on a machine like a ranger. I used to have one and wish I would have tried it earlier. With any luck this picture will come across. It has grousers made of steel or UHMW that can be slotted for steel flat-bar inserts providing traction. The tracks are affixed to heavy-duty conveyor belting that's elevated from the ground. The grousers act as the guide simultaneously and because they are affixed to an elevated belt, the guides cannot move or bend and are pinned down by the tire. This design over 2 tires would be virtually impossible to drive out of. Only small portion touches the ground on hardpack, making turning very easy, but when soft terrain is encountered, the the tracks will sink several inches (engaging) the giant paddle. At that point the belting begins to provide floatation. Simple, strong, and easy to repair in the field. We've never had to do that yet, but nice to know it could be done very easily. Here's a pic (hopefully it comes through).
    Attached Images Attached Images