Thread: Hunting forum = dumping ground

Default Hunting forum = dumping ground

Mike, mods...

With respect to the big job you do, the hunting forum is clogged with threads that belong somewhere else.

Please exercise more moderation authority and move these topics to the forum/sub-forum where they belong. Not addressing them only encourages more new threads not directly related to hunting.

This has been going on for over a year.

Thanks
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Thanks for the feedback, Erik. I'll find some time in the next couple of days to do some cleaning. I share your concerns with having things organized correctly, so I appreciate the reminder to do so.

Things are getting bad again...these TV show discussions are ridiculous.

AZinAK

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

I find that it is real easy...just don't read what you don't like...kinda like changing the channel or turning off the TV...

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    I find that it is real easy...just don't read what you don't like...kinda like changing the channel or turning off the TV...
    That sounds alot like someone leaving turds on your lawn, then suggesting you "just walk around them if you don't like them".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    That sounds alot like someone leaving turds on your lawn, then suggesting you "just walk around them if you don't like them".
    Nope, not at all...YOU have control of what YOU read or watch...no one is forcing you.

...YOU have control of what YOU read or watch...no one is forcing you.
    Taken at face value, as a standalone statement without other context, the above statement is indisputable. But if used to defend the notion that people should be able to post whatever they want, wherever they want; and the onus should be on anyone who doesn't like it to look away....well, I don't buy it.

How is it incorrect for folks to ask that the Alaska Hunting Forum, be respected as a place for conversations related to Alaska Hunting, and that it not become swamped with unrelated garbage?

When I hear someone say, essentially, "I/we should be able to post whatever I/we feel like, in whatever forum I/we feel like, and anyone who doesn't like it should simply not read it..."; I have difficulty hearing that as anything other than plain old disrespect, with an unhealthy dose of denial of personal responsibility thrown in.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Taken at face value, as a standalone statement without other context, the above statement is indisputable. But if used to defend the notion that people should be able to post whatever they want, wherever they want; and the onus should be on anyone who doesn't like it to look away....well, I don't buy it.

How is it incorrect for folks to ask that the Alaska Hunting Forum, be respected as a place for conversations related to Alaska Hunting, and that it not become swamped with unrelated garbage? When I hear someone say, essentially, "I/we should be able to post whatever I/we feel like, in whatever forum I/we feel like, and anyone who doesn't like it should simply not read it..."; I have difficulty hearing that as anything other than plain old disrespect, with an unhealthy dose of denial of personal responsibility thrown in.
    Nope...did not mean it that way...never said that you should post what ever you want. Meant more as an answer to those that complain about the so called Alaska reality shows but still watch them.

I have also noticed that if no one responds to a post * that is inappropriate, not on topic, or just silly it tends to fade.

*Like I'm about to do on this topic.

Nope...did not mean it that way...never said that you should post what ever you want. Meant more as an answer to those that complain about the so called Alaska reality shows but still watch them.

I have also noticed that if no one responds to a post * that is inappropriate, not on topic, or just silly it tends to fade.

*Like I'm about to do on this topic.

Roger that. Agreed.
    #Resist

If the mentality is that threads, comments or anything else for that matter can be randomly placed on this forum, then the categories and sub categories should all be thrown out in place of a single forum of randomness. I doubt (obviously by the structure of this forum) that is the intent of the owners or operators of this site. But, being strongly opinionated just to be does fancy some, but not all. To all their own.

AZinAK