Thread: Good season

Default Good season

Haven't posted much but I did pretty good this season, shot 7 deer. First was with the .44 SBH opening doe day.
    Then I shot one with a long bow and wood arrow.
    From then on I used the BFR .475 and dropped 4 in their tracks, no pictures of them but I have a picture of the last one, last doe day.
    This one went 20 yards, spun and dropped.
    Gave four deer to the property owner lady and her sister and a care package to my daughter. The property owner buys wrapping paper, tape and comes to help butcher.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Good for you, BFRshooter.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thanks Smitty. We have too many deer here. If I could ship some to you I would.
    I love the .44 but the .475 is getting to be my favorite without much meat loss and I would use the same load for any animal out there. I do have a picture of boolit exit on another deer. .475 exit.jpg
    The gun is accurate enough for neck shots. The darn thing is a huge hammer.

Keep on banging,harvesting and sharing.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Lots of good freezer meet there BFR.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Well done sir - keep on chasing them critters !
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I have it the best. The lady that lets me hunt does not allow anyone else in but I can bring my friends. I fix a lot of her stuff for her, mowers, etc.
    My friend Don was with me and when we came out, she could not get her truck started so we worked on it. Plugs and wires were shot. I took her the next day for parts and fixed the Toyota, started right up.
    When I get a deer, she comes to help butcher, buys paper and tape. I give her and her sister 4 deer a season and had enough this year to give my daughter a big care package.
    I help all my neighbors and can hunt every property here without asking, I can go anywhere.
    Had the same in Ohio with farms to hunt from northern Ohio to the river. Had places all over PA and to the upper peninsula of MI.
    I had it so good that one farm in mid Ohio had the son and family living in a trailer and the old folks in the old farm house. The old folks went to Fla every winter and we could use the house for our camp. Then a new House was built and we would sleep in the family room. Other farmers in the area were leery of us newcomers but soon we all hunted together and put on drives. Wonderful years with great friends.
    In PA, we would stop and the farmer told us to come in and have coffee and home made donuts first.
    Then the time were hunted a game lands in PA. Got to the parking area and it was full of trash so we got garbage bags and were cleaning it all up. The game warden seen our Ohio plate, stopped and asked what we were doing, told him cleaning trash and we made another friend, never, ever was asked for our license to be seen, just a hand shake for years.
    Hunting an orchard in Ohio with deer damage unlimited tags, the owner came to us one night. He had a semi coming for apples and his workers were gone. We got out and ran the fork lifts to load the truck. We had all the free pick up apples and cider we could drink and another friend.
    It is how you treat people, never lie, steal, damage property or leave trash. Only footprints should be left.
    I have a few enemies on sites because truth hurts them and their position. I have held out my hand to get it slapped hard. Been kicked off sites, it is OK, those that are like that have no friends, just a mental problem.
    I have 76 years of memories of the best people God has created.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrshooter View Post
    I have it the best. The lady that lets me hunt does not allow anyone else in but I can bring my friends. I fix a lot of her stuff for her, mowers, etc.
    My friend Don was with me and when we came out, she could not get her truck started so we worked on it. Plugs and wires were shot. I took her the next day for parts and fixed the Toyota, started right up.
    When I get a deer, she comes to help butcher, buys paper and tape. I give her and her sister 4 deer a season and had enough this year to give my daughter a big care package.
    I help all my neighbors and can hunt every property here without asking, I can go anywhere.
    Had the same in Ohio with farms to hunt from northern Ohio to the river. Had places all over PA and to the upper peninsula of MI.
    I had it so good that one farm in mid Ohio had the son and family living in a trailer and the old folks in the old farm house. The old folks went to Fla every winter and we could use the house for our camp. Then a new House was built and we would sleep in the family room. Other farmers in the area were leery of us newcomers but soon we all hunted together and put on drives. Wonderful years with great friends.
    In PA, we would stop and the farmer told us to come in and have coffee and home made donuts first.
    Then the time were hunted a game lands in PA. Got to the parking area and it was full of trash so we got garbage bags and were cleaning it all up. The game warden seen our Ohio plate, stopped and asked what we were doing, told him cleaning trash and we made another friend, never, ever was asked for our license to be seen, just a hand shake for years.
    Hunting an orchard in Ohio with deer damage unlimited tags, the owner came to us one night. He had a semi coming for apples and his workers were gone. We got out and ran the fork lifts to load the truck. We had all the free pick up apples and cider we could drink and another friend.
    It is how you treat people, never lie, steal, damage property or leave trash. Only footprints should be left.
    I have a few enemies on sites because truth hurts them and their position. I have held out my hand to get it slapped hard. Been kicked off sites, it is OK, those that are like that have no friends, just a mental problem.
    I have 76 years of memories of the best people God has created.
    You know how to live bfrshooter.

Some folks are so competitive that it takes the fun out of life.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Life is short and as you get older, days fly by.
    My regret will be never getting to Alaska.