Thread: Artic Cat

Default Artic Cat

I am new to Alaska and have not had a sled in a lot of years. Looking at a 2002 Artic Cat 800 Mountain Cat with 2100 miles on it. Was wondering if anyone had any advice for me or if you could give me some? Good/bad sled/snow machine, etc. The asking price is 3100 OBO. Thanks for any and all advice and have a great day...Greg

I would think that might be a tad high. I just bought a 2006 fusion 600 with 700 miles for 4K, so being an '02, I would offer less if thats what you want. Also, if you dont need anything yet, watch the papers, craigslist and 907toys.com and you'll get a feel for what people are asking and getting for their stuff.

Default Thanks

Hunt Ak,

Thanks for the information. I have been lookng around for the last month or so and thought she was a little high and have even made the comment to co-workers that it seems like all the soldiers/airmen that are leaving are asking more than average prices for their toys, but none of who I work with directly snow machine and so they do not really know what is good and what is not. Also I really do not know what brand to look for and what to stay away from since the machines are so different from the ones in the lower 48. Thanks again and have a great day

Greg

I really don't know what you mean when you say they are different from the lower 48. As far as brand goes, they're all good with their +'s and -'s. Are you looking for a mountain sled, trail sled, crossover sled?

That is what I mean by different. Where I am from in IL all the sleds we had were trail sleds. I do not really know much about the mount sleds, but I am learning. I am thinking I will use it more for trail riding vs mount riding. I guess I am looking for some friendly advice/help on choosing the right sled/machine. I have people telling me that I need a mount sled reguardless and then I have some tellng me if I am going to ride trails most of the time then I will be good with a trail sled. A friend showed me this site and told me that I could find out good information from the people already on here and so that is why I was asking. Thanks

Maybe this will help. Check it out and if you still cant narrow it down to even a class of snowmachine (trail/performance/mountain), then rent a couple different sleds for a weekend and see what ya like.

That probably isn't that bad IF it has EFI and the track is in good shape. It depends on the track length and how it has been mantained. Of course you can't see it if you are out of state. Personally, I would look at the 2003 or newer on the arctic cats. The 03 was redesigned and lighter than the 02s. the track on the 03s is more of a standard track than the one on the 02s because of the way the heat exchanger lines run down the middle of the tunnel. Anther thing is, the fuel tank and seat are connected on that sled...the 03s and newer are easy release of just the seat. Actually after seeing prices up here in alaska, that price probably isn't all that bad. According to NADAguides.com, low retail on the carb version of that sled is 3200, EFI version low retail shows 3360. I'm sure you could talk someone down more now than when the snow is flying.

Default Thanks

Thanksforallthe informationfromthebothofyou. itis a greathelptrust me. Hope you all have a great weekend

Greg