Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find ammo!

Default Help me find ammo!

Im looking for barnes ttsx 180g in 30-06 and I cant find any in anchorage, any particular places I should be looking? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbreadyrltw View Post
    Im looking for barnes ttsx 180g in 30-06 and I cant find any in anchorage, any particular places I should be looking? Thanks
    I saw some at SW the other day. Too spendy for me and they really aren't any better than say Sierra or noslers or Speer

Release Lake Trout

You might also try Great Northern Guns on Tudor.

Online if you can't find it locally. Trusted business.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/69485

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

dan - I know you ain't from around here, but... ordering ammunition from out of state and having it shipped to Alaska is, at best... problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Looks like another one is about to start reloading instead of trying to buy ammo in a box.

Other than 22lr, I can't remember the last time I bought factory ammo. Sorry, can't help on the Barnes 30/06.

ableammo.com and grafs.com will ship direct to the customer via UPS. There are others but I'd have to look them up.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    ableammo.com and grafs.com will ship direct to the customer via UPS. There are others but I'd have to look them up.
    From experience or here say?
    Had some sent from a co. down south via UPS and it was turned around in the Kentucky sorting center as hazardous material.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Had some sent from a co. down south via UPS and it was turned around in the Kentucky sorting center as hazardous material.
    BK
    Some will UPS/FedEx ammo here (not powder or primers) but she ain't cheap.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Rod in Wasilla View Post
    dan - I know you ain't from around here, but... ordering ammunition from out of state and having it shipped to Alaska is, at best... problematic.

I am aware of that having lived in Alaska for two years. Just offering some secondary choices. It's tough all over finding ammo. Started making my own recently for this reason. Now I am in the same boat, only I am trying to stock up on powder and bullets rather than ammo. All of the above can be difficult to acquire. Likely will be so for a while.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Heck, bring me some decent brass and a box of 180 gr TTSX and I'll load you up a bunch, if you promise not to sue me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    BK
    Experience. Also read their shipping policy. Primers go via UPS too.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Nitroman: I was happy to read your post that I could send primers by UPS; however, I also took your advice and looked on their site. I see no mention of primers but I do see that they will only ship ammo within the lower 48 and within AK. Is there someplace else I should be looking on their site?

I have 3 boxes that I recently got from MtnViewSports. Might check with them.

Grafs.com

Any hazardous materials (primers, ammo, fuse) shipped via air will be charged a $40 hazardous materials fee per package.
    Alaska, Hawaii & P.O. BoxesOrders shipping to AK & HI are charged actual freight & insurance. Ammunition and primers can NOT be shipped via USPS, these items must be shipped via Fed Ex or UPS and the Air Hazardous Mat fee ($40) is imposed when selecting this method. Powder can only be shipped via freight forwarder to Alaska and Hawaii. We reserve the right to ship by UPS, FedEx, commercial truck or Parcel Post. Please call us at 800-531-2666 if you would like a quote on freight charges before placing an order.

ableammo.com
    Ammunition can be shipped UPS Ground or Air. Ammunition shipping by air (required for Alaska or Hawaii) must be shipped with hazardous material (HAZMAT) classification.

Thank you.

Interesting. Wonder when they started doing primers. Back in 08/09 when I was doing powder buys I asked Grafs and they said they could do ammo but not powder or primers because they are more restricted hazmat classes.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Not to get too far off track: Does anyone know which shipper will barge powder/primers to AK?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    Not to get too far off track: Does anyone know which shipper will barge powder/primers to AK?
    I used Lynden but Span Alaska is cheaper if you have an acount . . . Lynden no account needed just ship it to them in Fife WA and they call you to come pay up when it gets here.
    http://www.lynden.com/
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast