Thread: Long Track on Tundra II or Tundra R

Talking Long Track on Tundra II or Tundra R

For those interested in putting a new and longer track on their Tundra II or Tundra R here are some links with some information. I put a 151 x 15 x 1.25 on mine that did not weigh any more than the stock track. B550 put a couple of different 144" tracks on his.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/...125-252-pitch/
    http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/...h-a-new-track/
    http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/...2002-new-mods/

Dan

Thanks for posting!

This is something I'd like to do as I did put a modern suspension on my Tundra lt, but would really like to put a 144" paddle track on it as the factory track just doesn't have much bite on loose snow.

Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Thanks for posting!

This is something I'd like to do as I did put a modern suspension on my Tundra lt, but would really like to put a 144" paddle track on it as the factory track just doesn't have much bite on loose snow.
    Thanks Paul,

If you go to a paddle track with deep lugs you will need a small sprocket like B550 made as there will not be enough room with 7" sprockets. Unfortunately a 7T is the smallest that you can buy. B550 made me a set of 5T sprockets for my 151" track. The track with only a 1.25 depth would fit with 7T sprockets but I also wanted the lower gear ratio and did not want to go higher from stock. Since you installed a more modern suspension it would probably be easy to lengthen it for a 144.

IMG_2455 (Medium).jpg
    Dan

I could live with a 1 1/4" track, I mean it's not like I have a high hp monster motor! Who carries the 7t drivers? As far as running a 144" track all I need to do is drill another set of holes to mount the skid another inch or so further back.

What I really need to do is sort out the shocks and springs for the suspension as I know they aren't right and I have a feeling that is causing more of my traction issues than the factory track. Before swapping the suspion I'd never had traction problems and was amazed how when I'd get the sled stuck in deep snow all I had to do was pull the nose over into snow that wasn't packed down and the sled would just climb out of the hole.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Nice pic Dan......looks like that was a gorgeous day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I could live with a 1 1/4" track, I mean it's not like I have a high hp monster motor! Who carries the 7t drivers? As far as running a 144" track all I need to do is drill another set of holes to mount the skid another inch or so further back.

What I really need to do is sort out the shocks and springs for the suspension as I know they aren't right and I have a feeling that is causing more of my traction issues than the factory track. Before swapping the suspion I'd never had traction problems and was amazed how when I'd get the sled stuck in deep snow all I had to do was pull the nose over into snow that wasn't packed down and the sled would just climb out of the hole.
    Hello,

I like the non-slip ones. There are some here:
    https://www.startinglineproducts.com...4#.UtI2jVp3vIU
    or
    http://www.wahlracing.com/home.php?c...rt_direction=0

You would probably have to go with a 2.52 pitch track.

As for your suspension it sounds like you have too much ski weight and not enough weight on the front of the track. If your new suspension has a strap you could lengthen it to the point where you are not over extending the shock. If not you could set the front shock to the maximum stiffness and soften up the back shock. What you would be doing is taking weight off of the skis and putting it on to the front of the track.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    Nice pic Dan......looks like that was a gorgeous day.
    Thanks Catch It - I really enjoy days like that.

Dan