Thread: Safety Inspection Sticker

Default Safety Inspection Sticker

When the CG Aux inspected my boat for the 1st time last year, I got a sticker to put on the windshield. What happens this year...Is a different full size sticker issued every year or something like the small add on stickers similar to what we get for our vehicle license plates when they are renewed? Thanks.

New sticker, new color, same size.
    BK

They are different colors every year. Just an FYI, they add a good piece of mind since its someone other than yourself going over the CG list, but it will not keep the CG from boarding you and taking a look for themselves. Ive been boarded so many times down in Valdez it will make your head spin, and I had the CG Aux sticker every year. Not a big deal, but more of a hassle than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    They are different colors every year. Just an FYI, they add a good piece of mind since its someone other than yourself going over the CG list, but it will not keep the CG from boarding you and taking a look for themselves. Ive been boarded so many times down in Valdez it will make your head spin, and I had the CG Aux sticker every year. Not a big deal, but more of a hassle than anything.
    Do you have to let them board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

Yes you do.
    BK

Nope, you can ruin your trip on the water with one spent in the pokey if you so desire.

Once out of the harbor your are in federal waters, they have jurisdiction to search anyone for any reason. Usually its just a safety inspection, and they have always been nice enough down there, its just time, and sometimes your just want to make a run to drop off shrimp pots or go fishing. On the other hand, its nice knowing that they are always there if you need immediate help.

I will say that between the courtesy inspection done by the auxiliary and the one done by the acutal costies the one done by the auxiliary was much harder to pass. The actual coast guard inspection was done in Homer and they just wanted to see the basic stuff, the one done by the Axillary on dry land wanted to see everything.. I almost failed because I did not have positive battery terminal covers.. really. He let me slide on the promise that I would take care of it ASAP. I did but having battery terminal covers on batteries that are in a battery box and held down with straps in a battery locker is kind of silly.. but that is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Were can one find a list if stuff they check.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

“Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR