Thread: Whitter trip

Default Whitter trip

Went out thur night thru sun. and the weather was good until friday afternoon then it rained all day sat and most of sun. Seas were flat for most of the weekend. headed out of Whitter on our way to our hunting area I decided to take a cruise through a bay and lord be hold there was a bear there. Well by the time my friends got to the beach the bear was gone. Next morning we headed out to several bays that were close by. On the way there we found another bear. Same thing as before. Bear headed back up to the woods. So off we went. we saw 4 bears Fri and my friend missed on one. There was on bear that I thought was for sure going to get it,but it managed to slip past my friends. the bear went into the woods just off the shore line and re appear on the beach . Bear headed back to the woods not to long after that.
    Sat we saw two bears. could not get a shot on either of them.
    Everybear we saw this weekend was on the south side. And all of the were very skiddish except for one and the only reason he headed up into the woods was the tide was coming in and he ran out of real estate. Had a great time learned allot for my first time out there hunting bears. Could not belive how many whales, dolphins and seals we saw. It was great.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

well we went out the 20th to the 27th and your trip kinda sounds like mine. we saw lots a bear but by the time we get up to their gone. i let a lil bear go though he was pretty darn small..thought he was a cub untill we got closer. figured id let him grow a lil bit haha. but we saw lots of whales and it was a good time. It still looks like winter in a lot of places though. But like u said learned a lot for the first time. excited for next time.

There was allot of snow in certain places
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Its a little behind this year on snow still. Three weekends we saw 22 bears total. 1 kill. Should have had two but waited to long and off he went.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I could not belive how much deer sign I saw. Never saw a der , but saw allot of dropings and tracks.

As for bears. I'm done for this year. I will give it the old college try next year.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

There was allot of deer sign. We saw one way up on a hillside. Made me start thinking I should head out in October!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I will be out there in Nov.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Why

Alaska Gray Why you quiting so early ? I know fishing is just coming in but possibly 2 more good weeks of hunting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert2968 View Post
    Alaska Gray Why you quiting so early ? I know fishing is just coming in but possibly 2 more good weeks of hunting ?
    I'm working now until june 20 no days off. So I will not have a chance to go done there.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK