Thread: Research Materials

Default Research Materials

What are your favorite research materials? It's never too early to research for this upcoming season and I am learning a lot. Anyone ever use this out-of-print classic? I have found it to be dead on accurate for 3 out of 4 animals I am researching, but it is way outdated when it comes to some southern sheep areas. Overall, it is an amazing piece of literature that I hope everyone gets to look at sometime. Unbelievable detail on habitat areas.

GetAttachment.jpg

a few years ago..

i decided to try the internet 100% for my draw tag...

after many hours of research- I decided a certain hillside, accessable at xxx mile Richardson Highway, at between 0745 and 0830 hours...

shot my moose at 0805... with-in about 30 minutes of starting to hunt

that saying.. I also like to go into some areas blind/no research... like doing a Lewis and Clark hunt ya know?

that saying I usaully start with topo maps, and copy of the hunt regs...

Chris

I guess this subject is not very popular

What are your favorite research materials? It's never too early to research for this upcoming season and I am learning a lot. Anyone ever use this out-of-print classic?
    I've seen and used that book before, a long time ago. I remember it to be a very good reference. Where did you come across that copy if a guy wanted to look at it? It seems like most of the research is done on the internet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    I guess this subject is not very popular
    Guys are not interested in wasting there time learning how to hunt because it not fun. They would prefer to look at hunting video's, read hunting books, hand load and buy more gear.

Now that fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Guys are not interested in wasting there time learning how to hunt because it not fun. They would prefer to look at hunting video's, read hunting books, hand load and buy more gear.

Now that fun!!
    Don't have a clue what that rambling, incomplete mess means. I hope it amused you.

As far as research materials go, I prefer this forum, maps, and a few key books along with time out in the field hiking around. Glad to hear the book is a good one but then I would hope so for the prices I see it being sold for ($200-500).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK49er View Post
    I've seen and used that book before, a long time ago. I remember it to be a very good reference. Where did you come across that copy if a guy wanted to look at it? It seems like most of the research is done on the internet anymore.
    You can check it out at the Anchorage library, but only after I return it in a couple of weeks.

Right on...good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk