Thread: Valley big bows

Default Valley big bows

Here's a few so far today

That is one nice rainbow!!

We need to rename you Wes the Fish God!
    The secret to fishing is: Fish where the fish are.

Great fish congratulations

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Very nice! I'm jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toad bow, WTG!!!

Wesak81 just out of curiosity, was there a green eskimo popup set up across the lake from you on monday or wendsday? I think we may have been on the same lake and had similar success. Nice fish BTW.

Great pictures and nice fish! Just curious, do you catch and release or bring them home to eat?

Those are some really nice bows!!! Way to hammer them!

These fish were released. No one was on the lake besides a friend it was on Thursday.

Out
    Quote Originally Posted by Anythingalaska View Post
    Great pictures and nice fish! Just curious, do you catch and release or bring them home to eat?
    Who cares if he ate it or released it..............Gettin sick n tired of the " release all " the feesh Krap! Be responsible, keep what ya want for a meal or two and let the rest LiVe2sWiM another day! There are exceptions....... Like.......Don't catch-release feesh in 30+ foot depths, ifN ya do kill it then quit!! Even if they swim off, better odds of it dying.......And Yup,I've seen the carnage@ice-out!!

Depending on the water, trout/char are phenomenal table-fare, but frozen trout/char/grayling do not freeze well...........So eat fresh, unless ya like mushy feesh, or ya smoke'um with plenty-O-salt to keep'um firm....And that takes some technique N know-how to do proper-like ;-)

Haven't fished that lake for 4 years ( since I moved) great to see that it still produces the toads!!!! Keep the pics coming! I live vicariously through you guys now

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly1 View Post
    Out

Who cares if he ate it or released it..............Gettin sick n tired of the " release all " the feesh Krap! Be responsible, keep what ya want for a meal or two and let the rest LiVe2sWiM another day! There are exceptions....... Like.......Don't catch-release feesh in 30+ foot depths, ifN ya do kill it then quit!! Even if they swim off, better odds of it dying.......And Yup,I've seen the carnage@ice-out!!

Depending on the water, trout/char are phenomenal table-fare, but frozen trout/char/grayling do not freeze well...........So eat fresh, unless ya like mushy feesh, or ya smoke'um with plenty-O-salt to keep'um firm....And that takes some technique N know-how to do proper-like ;-)
    Why are you getting so defensive? When was I preaching fish releasing? Is it okay that I was simply curious if they were released or kept? Those are some great looking fish and would have been great cooked up! I live in southeast, not up there. I'm not as familiar with things like ice fishing so I don't know how many people are fishing for food or just for fun. Don't jump to conclusions!

Well said, a meal is one thing , hoarders are another. My name is love em and leave em because I release 99.9 of all my fish . If the fish were not there I would not have a reason to be there.