Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody got contact info for an official scorer?

Default anybody got contact info for an official scorer?

my boss has two animals kinda stuck in limbo at knights taxidermy right now...one is a 73inch moose that green scored right around 260 before the drying and is potentially top ten in the world...the other is a grizzly skull that was right at 27 inches before drying...theyre both dried and ready to score right now. knights guy has not been able to get out there to do it(I don't know details) and my boss would certainly like them scored before they sit any longer...anyone know a scorer in the valley area or anchorage...he'd gladly pay your fuel expense. kinda ridiculous knight cant figure out how to get a **** scorer over there...so I thought you boys might collectively know someone that want to go score two outstanding specimens for us???? or just contact info to an official scorer would be awesome. we're looking for boone and crockett not in sci... thanks in advance

It's cool you want to help your boss out, but he needs to wait like the rest of us and be patient. It takes time to get stuff scored and doesn't have much to do with Knights. B&C scorers are volunteers and they work on their own schedule and convenience. They cannot accept "gas money" or any other favors or gifts for scoring. It is unethical and a conflict-of-interest. Scoring takes a long time in most cases and it's life. One person's ridiculous timeline is another person's normal waiting time. Encourage him to be patient. Good luck

Zack, there are a few B&C scorer,s in the Valley, my son got his goat scored my a guy in Wasilla last year. Go to the B&C web site and they have a list of Offical scorer,s
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    It's cool you want to help your boss out, but he needs to wait like the rest of us and be patient. It takes time to get stuff scored and doesn't have much to do with Knights. B&C scorers are volunteers and they work on their own schedule and convenience. They cannot accept "gas money" or any other favors or gifts for scoring. It is unethical and a conflict-of-interest. Scoring takes a long time in most cases and it's life. One person's ridiculous timeline is another person's normal waiting time. Encourage him to be patient. Good luck
    ha! nice reply...you are very obviously a taxidermist coulda just wrote it like this instead though: "taxidermists are artists...expect them to have a ridiculous timeline. especially when comparing to any other persons "normal" waiting time....."

eeezus... nobodys trying to bribe anyone here...and if that is indeed the case (I have no idea, I just try to find big stuff for my clients...usually not around for this part) then no gas money....just figured anyone interested enough to get there official scorer certificate thingie, might be the same kinda guy that would wanna check out and score a couple animals like the two mentioned. thanks for the reply...however unhelpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by ramhunter View Post
    Zack, there are a few B&C scorer,s in the Valley, my son got his goat scored my a guy in Wasilla last year. Go to the B&C web site and they have a list of Offical scorer,s
    thank you ramhunter....I had no idea there was a list. that was helpful.

as ramhunter mentioned- there are scorers, and their contact info, listed on the web site.

And as the "taxidermist" said, "just wait" is good advice- he didn't mention that the scorers are the busiest starting about 90 days after hunting season-
    maybe he thought it was common sense?

My 2 scents worth

Chris

Contact Doug Fredrick out in nabesna he will gladly score them animals. Mention B&C as well he likes seeing animals go into the record book

Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    as ramhunter mentioned- there are scorers, and their contact info, listed on the web site.

And as the "taxidermist" said, "just wait" is good advice- he didn't mention that the scorers are the busiest starting about 90 days after hunting season
    maybe he thought it was common sense?

My 2 scents worth

Chris
    your pennies are noted...relax a little...that was mainly just a jab at taxi's and their timeframes in general...kind of a standing joke amongst lots of hunters that taxis have a bit of a different thought on what is timely and what is not...it was in jest for the most part and not personal...hopefully PacWest reads it as such as well. but either way...it wasn't all that helpful. that's just the truth. be patient?....yeah thanks, we got that.

thanks....i'll tell him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Contact Doug Fredrick out in nabesna he will gladly score them animals. Mention B&C as well he likes seeing animals go into the record book

It is amazing how people want their critters done the best, for less, and asap......

I'm willing to wait for my taxi do do my mounts at his pace...
    no surprises (hopefully)

been burned before

But, i usually try not to knock anybody, or any one doing a job, that I don't know.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by akgun&ammo View Post
    I'm willing to wait for my taxi do do my mounts at his pace...
    no surprises (hopefully)

been burned before

But, i usually try not to knock anybody, or any one doing a job, that I don't know.

Chris
    oh for ***** sake relax everyone. PacWest i'd say i'm sorry, but I aint, cause it was a harmless comment posted in jest...and if your a taxi, its proly not the first time you've been ribbed a little....as for the last part about not being helpful...it wasn't. I just made an honest statement: telling someone "to be patient" and commenting on who's fault you don't think something is, when I just ask simply whether or not others on the forum knew an official scorer is just not very helpful. nothing personal, just stating a simple fact. forgive me if I don't throw my hands up and say Thanks! hold on while I go tell my boss to be patient, and that sometimes things just take time. I was interested in additional scorers...not opinions about time frames. and I got what I ask for...from others...thanks

akgun&ammo: good policy...do you also usually not try to make assumptions about other people and who they might or might not know? or is this a one time incident?

To be honest there ninefoot, you are coming off sounding like you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder and pretty darn quick on the defense with your reponses. I don't know Pac but to me it sounds like he did give you some helpful advice, you just didn't see it. I would think you would have a little thicker skin then that. And you of all people shouldn't jump on a man's profession with your career choice. Pretty easy to pick on you if one wanted..

Ted Spraker of Soldotna, Alaska Board of Game chair, is a B&C official scorer. He travels to Anchorage area meetings often. Should be able to find his contact info pretty quick and easy using Google.

Quote Originally Posted by 375JDJ View Post
    Ted Spraker of Soldotna, Alaska Board of Game chair, is a B&C official scorer. He travels to Anchorage area meetings often. Should be able to find his contact info pretty quick and easy using Google.
    thank you...

I contacted B&C to have my daughters goat she took this fall scored, this is the reply I got back yesterday. I was in contact with a guy before the drying period who was in wasilla but have since misplaced his info..Ill try and contact them later today or next week to get it scored.

---------------------------------------------------------Name: Craig CookPhone: (907)258-7774City: Anchorage, AKEmail: attycookca@yahoo.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Ronald DeisPhone: (907)349-6990City: Anchorage, AKEmail: rdeis@anthc.org---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: David WidbyPhone: (907)349-7096City: Anchorage, AKEmail: weare@gci.net---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Jeffrey UtterPhone: (661)599-6448City: Bakersfield, AKEmail: j.utter@yahoo.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Robert BoutangPhone: (907)479-7846City: Fairbanks, AKEmail: bboutang@hotmail.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Alan JubenvillePhone: (907)474-3640City: Fairbanks, AKEmail: ffaj1@uaf.edu---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Dale LacknerPhone: (406)241-7618City: Haines, AKEmail: huntfishtravel4ever@gmail.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Doug LarsenPhone: (907)465-4369City: Juneau, AKEmail: doug.larsen@alaska.gov---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Larry LewisPhone: (907)262-9368City: Kasilof, AKEmail: larry.lewis@alaska.gov---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Don NickelPhone: (907)283-4183City: Kenai, AKEmail: dnickel@acsalaska.net---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Joel WiersumPhone: (907)486-2414City: Kodiak, AKEmail: jdrr@ptialaska.net---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Paul AtkinsPhone: (907)995-4433City: Kotzebue, AKEmail: aktrophyhunter@gmail.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Shawn BaylessPhone: (907)524-2021City: McGrath, AKEmail: shawn_bayless@fws.gov---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Perry BurressPhone: (907)350-2185City: Nome, AKEmail: alaskaperry@yahoo.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Matt NilsenPhone: (907)518-0033City: Petersburg, AKEmail: fvseaforth@hotmail.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Ted SprakerPhone: (907)262-9592City: Soldotna, AKEmail: tedspraker@gmail.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: James BaichtalPhone: (907)821-2681City: Thorne Bay, AKEmail: baichtal@aptalaska.net---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Carl BrentPhone: (907)841-6644City: Wasilla, AKEmail: carlbrent@gmail.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Wayne DiSarroPhone: (907)376-4053City: Wasilla, AKEmail: llwras@juno.com---------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------Name: Frank NoskaPhone: (907)841-7372City: Wasilla, AKEmail: fnoska@mtaonline.net---------------------------------------------------------
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

thanks hoytguy!

For the record, nothing said offended me. I understand frustration. Good luck.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say these animals are currently not being worked on and are just sitting somewhere. This has nothing to do with taxi timeframes on getting them mounted. All he wants is for them to be scored. I know this may not have been possible in this situation but I hold on to my antlers or horns until the taxi is ready to mount them.

Just call up a scorer off that list and see if they'll do it then call knights and coordinate with them and get it done.

I feel like I'm watching the Kardashians half the time in here (Dont ask, my wife watches it...). He didn't ask for drama, he asked for a name. No where in there did it say anything about "wanting their critters done the best, for less, and asap......". He just wanted to help it get scored as the animals presumably sit there idle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast