Thread: How long do you wait...

Default How long do you wait...

until you go back into an area to call after you already called in a predator and messed up the opportunity? I called in a coyote last week and my son missed the shot. Here is a link to a video of the coyote.!

There was lots of sign and I would like to go back and call again, but I am wondering if I should wait and give it some time. I don't want to go back too early if I spooked all the coyotes in that area.

I am wondering what other's experiences have been. Do you think the other coyotes in the area will be spooked now? Should I move to a new area now and wait until next year or season to go back? Or do you think it won't really affect the other predators in that area? What have your experiences been in situations like this?

I know last year I called in a lynx, shot and wounded it, but it got away. Then I went back a couple times but never got another one to come in.

I would get back in there as soon as possible, that one coyote will be a bit smarter but its not teaching the other ones.

Eagle River, AK

I don't know much about coyotes, but I called in two lynx in exactly the same spot 48 hours apart two years ago. Last year I called two in within 15 minutes of each other. I missed the first one and went out to track it just in case I could find the slightest hint of hair or blood, and while I was gone another cat came in from the other side of the river and my friend took it. A shot or two doesn't end your chances of calling in other critters.

Thanks guys. I might try it again then. Not sure when I'll get back out, but hopefully soon.

Mat-Su Valley

You can continuing calling just after the missed shot and be successful. The noise isn't equated to danger necessarily in a critters logic. Go back as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.