Thread: Munson Boats

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

Default Munson Boats

Are there any other Munson owners out there?

I know you guys are out there. Your boats are listed on the Munson site.

What model do you have neverland? I've crawled around on a few and looked at their welding inside & out and they are pretty stout. State parks has one here in Homer and seems pretty practical & industrial. I haven't seen a pac cat but seems like a good idea especially in snotty conditions if you can keep the flat front ramp from slapping the waves.
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    What model do you have neverland? I've crawled around on a few and looked at their welding inside & out and they are pretty stout. State parks has one here in Homer and seems pretty practical & industrial. I haven't seen a pac cat but seems like a good idea especially in snotty conditions if you can keep the flat front ramp from slapping the waves.
    I have the Packman. If you check the Munson web site it's 30-11, listed under 30' hulls. I opted for the mono hull rather than the cat, although it's not a true cat, more of a tunnel hull. The builder told me the mono hull was more seaworthy than the Packcat, in heavy seas. Seeing as how I'm a chicken when it comes to rough water I went the Packman. The Packcat has greater initial stability, but the Packman has greater secondry stability. In reality, both are pretty good, but I use mine mostly in the Gulf, so I wanted stability at the end of a high roll.

I've seen quite a few listed as being operated in Alaska, on the Munson site and was hoping to connect with other owners to exchange information on the boats. If you know any owners I would appreciate steering them to this forum. Thanks.