Thread: Got full coverage at Memory

Default Got full coverage at Memory

Full bars at memory lake.jpg

Good coverage at Memory Lake. All caught jigging.

Nice, good job. Used to see some really big Pike caught out of that lake about 8 years ago, I imagine there are still some big ones in there.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Me and a buddy hit memory on Saturday and had two hookups with none landed. We only saw 4 fish in about as many hours of fishing, had one hit a Swedish pimple and the other a baby rainbow jigging Rap. I had never been there and am new to pike fishing got any pointers for a new guy?

Nice catch by the way, I've caught and eaten a few pike out towards the AK peninsula while bear hunting one fall, they seemed good then and I'm anxious to try them again.

Nice job on the pike. They look well fed. Did you check to see what was in their stomachs? Fished it the summer before last and caught a bunch of small rainbows, a couple char, and landlocked salmon.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Last year the pike were heavy with small rainbows and leeches. This year my son caught the first pike of the year a 25 incher with a 8 inch pike in it and nothing in the stomachs of the ones after that and I've pulled about 20 so far this year out of the lake. They do seem to have the days where they travel in hoards as I've seen several (3 or more big ones) cruise just above the camera and pay no attention to my lure or baits I have out. But for the most part they do seem well fed. Still trying for the OGs in the lake, just a matter of time before I hook one of the old ones.

Nice fish, I hit the lake up early Sunday morning for 3 hours to the right of the hourglass. Didn't have a single nibble on herring tip ups or jigging spoons . Looks like I may have a few more things to learn, that video clip you put up definitely gets me excited for a return trip.

I've tried time and time again to catch a pike at memory but cant even get a flag up. any pointers on location and what to use, it would be a great help.

I catch most of my pike jigging with a 4 inch croc spoon. If you can get your hands on an under water camera that really is the ticket to a high success rate as you can see just how they bite and react to your lure jigging. Without a camera you can jig your arm off and be unaware of a pike not liking the action and not taking the bait. As in location again use a camera to find the weed bed edges. I found my spot after drilling around twenty holes to get the right location and marked it on my GPS seems like I need to find another spot on the lake as a lot of people are fishing the same spot when I'm not there because it seems they have no means of drilling their own holes and leave their trash and drug paraphernalia behind.

I'd just keep fishing the shallows if you just want to get some numbers.... but the bigger fish will be in deeper water generally. Swim jigs are deadly. If you jig a hole for 15 minutes and no bites, move on. If you miss a fish on a tipup, get a jig down there. He will come back.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Thanks for the info, I will get out there as soon as possible.