Thread: Team "Limey" Shapes Up

Default Team "Limey" Shapes Up

Well, since her adoption a week ago, Angel is on board and her city life is behind her. We are working on control and discipline with basic commands as a group. Which was a little challenging at first, Rigby had that "she's beautiful" look in his eyes and was acting his age, if you catch my drift! We are out every day and what Angel didn't know she is learning fast. Rigby helps a lot as she will follow his lead responding to the whistle to come as well as checking in. We are keeping things real simple and forming our "Pack".

Taking in a dog like this was not something I usually would even consider, it took me a year to get Rigby and I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would go about training and hunting given the time I have available. Taking on another, untrained and older than a pup female dog on short notice seemed like a total risk and I did not take it lightly. In the short time that she has been a part of our family, she has been an absolute joyful addition. Outside of some adolescent antics in the field that are easily corrected, Rigby and Angel are hunting together when we are out. My fears are all gone as I see a great team forming.

A couple more pics, them are some happy Limeys!