Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is component availability?

Default How is component availability?

Here in MN things are coming back. Primer shelves are FULL of Winchester, Remington and CCI primers. Large small rifle and pistol and everywhere now. Powder is starting to show up and I hear we will see lots of pistol powder hitting in a the next few months. How is it up there?

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Here in MN things are coming back. Primer shelves are FULL of Winchester, Remington and CCI primers. Large small rifle and pistol and everywhere now. Powder is starting to show up and I hear we will see lots of pistol powder hitting in a the next few months. How is it up there?
    Quite a bit of ammo back on the shelves, but components are still pretty scarce. It's the price we pay for being at the end of the distribution chain, combined with having a large population of crazy people.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I think the good news is there will be fewer and fewer CRAZY people in the future. (Crazy People=Fools who think everything they will ever need or desire will always be abundantly available at a price they feel is a GOOD Deal).

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    combined with having a large population of crazy people.

Lots of powder around, enough primers to get something that will work and same with bullets. The only thing that is still scarce is .22lr. It's showing up but buying is still outpacing supply up here. I found 3 more boxes of mini-mags the other day so I'll be good for small game for the next week or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure glad I'm not one of those crazy folks that ever thought everything I might want will always be on a store shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Lots of powder around, enough primers to get something that will work and same with bullets. The only thing that is still scarce is .22lr. It's showing up but buying is still outpacing supply up here. I found 3 more boxes of mini-mags the other day so I'll be good for small game for the next week or two...

Where you finding powder? I'm looking for h4831 and RL 22 and 19.... Sure could use some help finding some!

Release Lake Trout

When I'm looking I make the rounds at the local outlets and one of them usually has what i'm after, I have noticed the RL powders have not comback in the quantity that Hogdon stuff has, should have qualified my previous comment to say there has been lots of what I was looking for.

Its definately not sitting on the shelves long, but i've watched IMR-4064 sit on a local shelf for over two weeks now, one pound gone in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Where you finding powder? I'm looking for h4831 and RL 22 and 19.... Sure could use some help finding some!
    If you can find me a box of .323 Accubonds in 200 grain, I'd hook you up with a lb of IMR4831 or RL19...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

One would think that Alaska is a large enough market for hand loading components that we wouldn't be on the tail end of everything.

Besides, Crazy People should have rights too. They're not even a minority.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    When I'm looking I make the rounds at the local outlets and one of them usually has what i'm after, I have noticed the RL powders have not comback in the quantity that Hogdon stuff has, should have qualified my previous comment to say there has been lots of what I was looking for.

Its definately not sitting on the shelves long, but i've watched IMR-4064 sit on a local shelf for over two weeks now, one pound gone in that time.
    Well, things must be hoppin down there on the Kenai. Most everything is scarce in Anch, and Wasilly. Of course, I don't check every store every day. I'd hafta sell my handloading tools to pay for the gas.

I see folks at SW pouring through the reloading books to see if they can use whatever powder is available, and sitting in their cart, till they find out. They borried the book from the shelf where it was for sale.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I think we have less panicked population right now, they have gone as far as putting primers back on the shelf as of today at Soldotna sportsmans...

SW anchorage had .22 ammo Monday morning, I managed to get the last box of 375 mini mags. And they happen to have alot of 9mm in several brands.at a pretty good price too.

Release Lake Trout

FYI Northern security supply on Old Seward had federal primers. Large rifle, LR mag, pistol, and large pistol. 1000 ct LR was $36.00.

I was in Arctic Ammo yesterday and they has a good supply of powders and bullets. Yes, one need to look at the reloading books to see if they can use the powders they have, but they had it.

Problem is even though the hoarders might be done, us regular guys who haven't seen much in the way of components need to catch up on a years worth of shooting without supplies..... I'm still hoping cabelas buying power can bring in a nice stock of components for us in the spring....

By the way, anybody seen any 200 grain XTP in .400" or want to sell me some?

I've not seen much powder in Anchorage, but holding out hope it starts showing up soon. I've even looked at the big guys online trying to work a bulk load with a few buddies and just can't find enough that makes it worth the cost of S&H.....

I have been checking the reloading suppliers in about a 75 mile radius of me for several months trying to get H 380 powder and 140 gr. Interlocks in 270 Win. I found both yesterday. I called and asked before I made the trip to see if they had any and they did. I walked in and a guy asked if he could help and I said I come for some H 380 powder and another guy spoke up and said he wanted a can also. They only had 2 cans so they was out when I left. The store had less than 25% of its normal inventory. Only brass was odd ball calibers, no 22 rimfire of any kind. A neighbor wanted some 243 Win. loaded ammo. They said they had not had that since last fall. I did see more powder than I had been seeing in 1 pound cans and larger cans as well. Some primers was in stock. It is still a long ways from being over here.

Checked Midway Usa and they are out of everything (or just about). Same with all the stores here. So, to answer your question, I think component availability is still awful.

I'm amazed at the persistence of the 22 shortage. Most places have plenty of ammo on the shelves, but the 22 is still missing. Even in the lower 48 I can't find any. Glad I didn't invest in a 22LR upper for my AR15, there'd be nothing to shoot. Plenty of 223 around. Bizarre. Where is it all going? Are the hoarders really scooping it up?

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    I'm amazed at the persistence of the 22 shortage. Most places have plenty of ammo on the shelves, but the 22 is still missing. Even in the lower 48 I can't find any. Glad I didn't invest in a 22LR upper for my AR15, there'd be nothing to shoot. Plenty of 223 around. Bizarre. Where is it all going? Are the hoarders really scooping it up?
    It is pretty much non-existent here locally. Gunbot.net has it but prices are just nuts at triple of what they were a year ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast