Thread: Wanted: Big Beaver

Default Wanted: Big Beaver

I am in the market for a large beaver....40+ pounds. I know they are out there, we have trapped bigger in Michigan. I have a project in mind. Whole or skinned. Thanks.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Not many guys I know weigh them, you'd be better off asking for a size. 35" or larger stretched, or something.

sent from my igloo

Ron, last year I took 3 over 70#'s - I may trap some soon if the water does not stay froze over on a stream I trap and I will give ya a shout if I get one...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Guess I'm not clear are you looking for a hide or just a carcass or both?
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

A mountable pelt. 70 pounder ....wow.....let me know the price..I have a ups ground account for shipping. ...I have a project in mind.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Will do sir, I have put them off this year as I am not fond of dragging them up steep creek banks anymore but a farmer asked me to get rid of some soooo This puppy tipped the scale at75lbs last year... Is there anything special about how you would want it skinned out? Feet left on? Not sure how to leave the tail if you want that or are you just going to rug it round?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pike Beaver 007.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	76045
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Tail on, feet on. What is the going price in AK for such a beast

Ron

Edwin Hubble

Also skull and teeth...

Ron

Edwin Hubble

Hmmm, might be able to freeze on solid enough to make the 3 day trip to ya from IL and then you could dismantle him? Gotta catch one first!

Not to take anything away from a guy up here but I think you will have an easier time finding one down south where they don't make there living under the ice half the year. We do have 70 pound beaver but not as many. If Smokey doesn't come up with one for you I can direct you to a forum that you probably could find someone who can. The shipping would also be a lot cheaper from Smokey or someone down there
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

No longer needed. Thanks for all your help.

Ron

Edwin Hubble

Thanks for the update Ron, we have been fighting ice on rivers here and I have not felt safe nor the desire to battle ice flows for beaver....