Thread: Fixing a fiberglass pole in my hut

Default Fixing a fiberglass pole in my hut

Went to finger lake this morning to the west side of the second island and broke a pole on my Eskimo fishing hut!! Ahhg. Fished with one wall not working, but slayed the fish!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Did you buy your shelter from Sportsman's warehouse? If you did they should have replacement poles and if they don't give Eskimo a call and they'll send one to you. I helped a friend last year replace one of his poles on his fatfish. We followed directions and struggled, finally got it to work.......Get a six pak and have a friend help you ;-)

Glad to hear you had a great day on the ice!!

Just curious but how did you break yours?

Got it from sw. I'll check there.
    I was pulling it open and it musta been folded over on itself and I lift toooo many weights....and I was frustrated! Lol
    Master guide 212

I broke one of my poles on my Eskimo Quickfish 3 and had to tape the whole length of the pole with F4 tape or rescue tape works like new but got some nasty fiberglass splinters in the process.

As mentioned if you bought it from SW check with them. I broke a pole a few years ago on my QF3 and went in to talk to them at SW and they gave me two for free. A couple years ago I went in to ask and they were out at the time. Worth a try for sure.

Trustworthy Hardware carries poles to repair the ice shack poles. I believe that all they are is the white fiberglass rods used to hold reflectors to mark driveways.

So heres and update. i went back to SW and they had no poles. So i got onl ine to order a couple from eskimo at at grand total of less than 16 dollars...they quoted me ground shipping at 60 bucks!!!! i canceled the order and sent them an email asking for a dealer in alaska that carried replacement poles. we'll see what they say. replacement would be an easy drop in...but at 60 bucks for shipping it'd be cheaper to just buy another hut and have back up parts....
    Master guide 212

Used tightly wrapped duct_tape on mine several years ago... still holding strong.

If you broke yours the way I broke mine that was quite the sight to see huh??! *struggle.. struggle.. push.. pull.. push harder.. pull harder.. SNAP! "#%^&%"*

or am I the only one...?
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Mine blew up into two pieces, duct tape is awesome stuff but not gonna save this one!!
    Ya struggle struggle frustrate frustrate pull harder... Pow. Let's fish....lol
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Mine blew up into two pieces, duct tape is awesome stuff but not gonna save this one!!
    Ya struggle struggle frustrate frustrate pull harder... Pow. Let's fish....lol
    Dude... I gave you the answer! Go down to your closest box store and buy a white FG marker rod, cut it to length and use it.

yep thats the plan sayak..thank you!! wanted to check on replacement ones first..
    Master guide 212