Thread: Upper Six Mile lake

Default Upper Six Mile lake

Took my dad who is visiting from Michigan out there today. Lots of itty bitty fish, did land a few nice ones, from 12 to 16 inches. Saw a monster but couldn't get him.
    also saw an otter, dad was impressed with ice fishing in the 49th state for sure!

I have never fished that one. I caught a dandy of a rainbow out of lower in my first five minutes of ice fishing this season. I've tried a few other times and not even marked a fish there.

I went by upper a week or so ago, and it was all open water by the road, how'd you get to the ice?

Also, last summer I took my personal cataraft on lower launching from the road between the two, saw lots of big trout, not sure if brown trout, I don't think that lake has any lake trout (?). Haven't fished either through the ice yet, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lower SIX mile is a small fishery they don't stock to many air planes there
    want to keep the fish numbers down I think
    SID

image.jpg A few that we caught out there. Uh, we just walked right out on the ice, there seemed to be enough, glad we didn't go through. There was 16 or so inches of ice where we were fishing.

Sounds good! Nice fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk