Thread: Any experience with Leupolds "IMS"

Yes, there good mounts what was your question?

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

I am a little concerned about only two screws in each ring.......Do you OWN this exact mount NOW.......???

Quote Originally Posted by sweepint View Post
    Yes, there good mounts what was your question?

I believe the one I have only has the two screws as well, I don't have the weapon in front of me I am out of the country right now. I have never questioned Leopold or the quality on there scope rings. I have it on a AR target rifle I built a couple years back and was very happy on how it came together (rings I mean). I always use a slice of tape in the inside of the rings and some clear finger nail polish on the threads of the screws so they can't back out. I can see your concern with only two screws and I would agree if it was going on something like a SR 25 or AR10 with a heavier recoil I don't think you will have any trouble on a normal AR.

Sweepint
    '' Livn' The Dream ''

Looks like the same design as the Burris PEPR, which I have on an AR. The Burris has six screws in each ring, a bit over kill maybe, but can't hurt. They are well made and in line also. I lapped them, which didn't take much as they were real close. Cheaper also, at least on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burris-1-Inc...item2c725e667c

There are several very similar on the market to the Leopold, Nikon makes several as well. They have one with 6 hex head screws per ring and another with 4 screws and one with the 2 screws and they are all cheaper than the Leopold mount. The rings with two or four screws would be fine for a 223 /5.56.

Sweepint
    '' Livn' The Dream ''

Yes, and for about 20-25 6.8SPC rounds and bumping around the brush for a few days it has been fine. If you're worried, use Loctite or get a different mount.

The Nikon is similar, less expensive, and the one I saw was made in the USA (as is the IMS).