Thread: Inline bilge blower for Webasto

Default Inline bilge blower for Webasto

Question.....has anyone ever put a bilge blower into the ducting work of your on board heater?

Here is what I have - a Webasto coolent heater connected to a red dot air ex-changer. I have an outboard engine therefor this is how I heat the cabin while running or for that matter - anytime. This is a Seasport explorer. The problem is the red dot air ex-changer is a bit anemic and does not have enough air flow through the duct work to keep the wind shield fog free. My thought is to place inline a bilge blower to the duct work that leads to the window defroster. My concern is how it will effect the red dot when the bilge blower is on as well as when it is off.

Any thoughts?

Go to eBay and search inline heater fan. That's was the upgrade the guy who owned my ospery before me had installed.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by akroxy View Post
    Question.....has anyone ever put a bilge blower into the ducting work of your on board heater?

Here is what I have - a Webasto coolent heater connected to a red dot air ex-changer. I have an outboard engine therefor this is how I heat the cabin while running or for that matter - anytime. This is a Seasport explorer. The problem is the red dot air ex-changer is a bit anemic and does not have enough air flow through the duct work to keep the wind shield fog free. My thought is to place inline a bilge blower to the duct work that leads to the window defroster. My concern is how it will effect the red dot when the bilge blower is on as well as when it is off.

Any thoughts?
    A drop of dish detergent rubbed on your window & no more fog. OR look into one of these http://www.fisheriessupply.com/cafra...defroster-9303

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

The idea of something else mounted on my dash is not what I want. I have use the joy trick and don't get me wrong it will work if you remember to do it and do it every outing. I prefer flicking a switch as the fog comes on the and watch it go away. The heater puts out adequate heat and the red dot pushing heat through the second duct to the lower vents will warm the boat while on the hook.

akmike30 - what does your ospery have? The quick search I did on Ebay look like all AC units and high price for low output. I am looking at something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rule-240-In-...35ac4f&vxp=mtr

Do you think the inline fan will interfer with the operation of the red dot heat ex-changer fan.

Thanks

Akroxy in out of town right now. When I get home I'll take a couple pictures and part number for you.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Thank you, Thank you - I look forward to seeing what you have and how it works for you.