Thread: Anyone else enjoyed their boat heaters this winter yet?

Default Anyone else enjoyed their boat heaters this winter yet?

Spent a little time in the boat today. Espar was cranking full bore! Man I love my espar! Sure was nice to spend some time in the boat day dreaming. Think I might day dream a little more before the week is out.

-D
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Just spent four nights in PWS on my 28 ft. Boat, espar D4 cooking along, Honda 1000 gen set on the swim step. Life is really good. Got to say though it's sure dark a lot and it's lonely out there this time of year.

About every few weeks I fire up the Walla's DT30 furnace and the Walla's Nordic DT stove, let them run for a bit. Yes I enjoy heaters immensely, the first week in April we will enjoy them on the water; a Walla's fan for sure.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Spent a little time in the boat today. Espar was cranking full bore! Man I love my espar! Sure was nice to spend some time in the boat day dreaming. Think I might day dream a little more before the week is out.

-D

Are you dreaming about rewiring the boat.

You only have three months left.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Are you dreaming about rewiring the boat.

You only have three months left.
    Ha! Yes! I am going to increase the size of my backbone DC wiring and reroute it. Will cut the distance between the start batteries and the house batteries in half. Going to add a ACR between the banks. Going to pull out chargers and put in an inverter charger.

Needless to say I have a but if work ahead of me before spring. But since I don't have a warm place to do it for now I dream until the temps start to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by whatablast View Post
    Just spent four nights in PWS on my 28 ft. Boat, espar D4 cooking along, Honda 1000 gen set on the swim step. Life is really good. Got to say though it's sure dark a lot and it's lonely out there this time of year.
    I've always wanted to do a December trip out there. Just always been nervous about towing on the slick roads with surge breaks. So.. it sits... Time to trade in my manhood?

My boat is parked in my heated 42 X 37 shop next to the motorhome. The temp is around 60 - no need to turn on the wallas........And winter boat projects are just plain fun in comparison to working outside. However, I do remember how much I love my wallas stove for sure. I can't wait for the winter king derby......

A shop is on my list. Already have a place cleared for it and the ground prepped. My luck most my major boat projects will be done by the time it's built.

Spent almost a month out in my C hawk sea cucumber diving this fall. Couldn't have done it without the Wabasto. Get out of the dry suit, get inside the cabin and crank it up! Just put it in this summer, I'm very happy with it.

Spent this last weekend at the Punchbowl in Misty Fjord, my Espar D2 kept us nice and comfy.
    Attachment 76052

Spent a few days in PWS earlier this month, wouldn't have been possible without the D4 cranked as it was 9 degrees and snowing like crazy.
    BK

I spent the last week of December in Prince William Sound. The Webasto AT-2000 ran most of the time, and kept me nice and toasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!