Thread: Snowmachine helmet

Default Snowmachine helmet

Where can I look for a snowmachine helmet for my girlfriend, besides the regular sno-go dealers? She want's something that doesn't let as much air in, like the one of mine that she uses. My helmet is a cheap $100 helmet from Shadetree with a visor and detachable goggles. Kinda like the pic I attached from shadetree. I think she wants a full face one.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fish Creek Sales on Palmer/Wasilla . Closer to Wasilla than Palmer

Fullface helmets suck, generally. Get her a thin fleece balaclava and a NoFog mask. No more cold.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Fullface helmets suck, generally. Get her a thin fleece balaclava and a NoFog mask. No more cold.
    This is a broad generalization that doesn't take into account the type of riding being done. I wear a MX style helmet on my Mountain sled but would love a full face convertible with a heated visor for cruising big lake trails or going ice fishing.

What's wrong with the regular dealers? Check out the Ski-Doo full face.

sent from my igloo

Go Pro

great selection

Potter and Dowling near C street

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    This is a broad generalization that doesn't take into account the type of riding being done. I wear a MX style helmet on my Mountain sled but would love a full face convertible with a heated visor for cruising big lake trails or going ice fishing.
    To each their own. I'm a "find what works and stick to it" kind of guy. I have ridden every type of helmet combination except the modular and I prefer the MX style with goggles for warmth and fog-free riding. I started with a fullface and hated it. It either fogged or I had to ride with the visor partially up and deal with frostbite. I added a heated visor and that worked down to about zero and only if I didn't exert myself, otherwise it was fog city.

Eventually I was talked into trying the MX helmet/NoFog combo and the results were immediate. Warm down to -20 (& colder if I add a little strategic duct tape) and I rarely fog up (spring riding & working really hard)

If a person is a sedate trail cruiser than a full face helmet will probably work, but the set up you and I use works in all conditions. Some folks may feel self-conscious about the hot-rod look but from a performance standpoint it's superior to all other combos.

The BRP modulars are pretty slick but pricey.

Just my 2c. Ignore at your leisure.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    Fish Creek Sales on Palmer/Wasilla . Closer to Wasilla than Palmer
    ++1 what he said

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Exactly! Me and my wife both use Ski-Doo Modular full face helmets with heated visors. For our style of trail riding,ice fishing ,and winter camping they meet our needs perfectly.
    If I was a mountain rider that would most likely change.
    I also wear glasses. Goggles and glasses don't always go together well.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"