Thread: They do exist!

Default They do exist!

Finally got my grubby hands on a couple boxes of 150grn .284. Nosler Accubond Long Range bullets!

I know what your saying. I've shot gun's and loaded bullets my whole life and never had to wait on much of anything. Hopefully were getting to the end of the slump in available shooting goods.

I heard last week that the EPA closed down the last lead smelting industry in the USA and that as a result at least one major player in the ammo industry was going to call it quits. I have not followed up and that to see who's getting out!

Lujon I thought you found M&Ms under your tree.

The lead smelter thing is real but the far right seems to be politically spinning it a bit much. First itís far from the last smelter, itís the last raw ore smelter and there are hundreds of recycling smelters around. Second they were a very small outfit that shut down for economic reasons, sure ridiculous new EPA rules were the straw that broke their back. But the new rules were a straw not a brick and they were pretty weak in the knees so may well have folded anyway . . . If the price of lead was high from too little lead they likely would have been fine.

Far as Iím concerned EPA being the straw in this poor economy that put people out of work is bad enough, it doesnít need to be spun in all these chicken little junk emails I keep getting.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I've been shooting 150GR LR Accubonds out of my 270 for a couple months, they perform really well at 100-300 yards, I haven't been able to test them much past that. Have fun with them, if they perform as well as the 277 cal ones, you're going to like them.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Finally got my grubby hands on a couple boxes of 150grn .284. Nosler Accubond Long Range bullets!
    you plan on shooting 500-800yds? Std accubonds are just fine out 400 plus yds.. Get yourself a kimber in a 300 win mag and shoot 200gr accubonds or 190gr hornady interlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    I've been shooting 150GR LR Accubonds out of my 270 for a couple months, they perform really well at 100-300 yards, I haven't been able to test them much past that. Have fun with them, if they perform as well as the 277 cal ones, you're going to like them.
    Same to you as well but you are a lost cause

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Same to you as well but you are a lost cause
    HEY! I resemble that statement!

As I shoot a 7mm Rem Mag most of the time I was lusting after some of those new AB LR's and found a box at Nosler's shooters pro shop so I bought them and skulked quickly home to try 'em out - I built some test loads with the 175 gr AB LR's but they don't work well in my gun so I abandoned that idea - I had a few that I didn't shoot so I set out to pull the bullets and salvage the powder and when I used the RCBS collet puller it crushed each jacket like nothing I've experienced before, I've pulled a bunch of Accubonds over the years and reused them but not these, they're rooint' - just thought it interesting that the jackets are so soft

I've been looking for these in 190gr for my .308 for some time now. The B.C. is unbeleavable, so is the price tag on them. I'd like to send them out to a thousand, but cann't find the bullet or the range.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-DAG View Post
    I've been looking for these in 190gr for my .308 for some time now. The B.C. is unbeleavable, so is the price tag on them. I'd like to send them out to a thousand, but cann't find the bullet or the range.
    There is new 1K range that should be open soon off the parks hwy the .308 190s are starting to show up. I got 2 boxes the other day. So just keep looking they are out there. I got some 150s for the 280AI and 190s for the 06, will see what they will do soon.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

STID, Do you know where or what mile marker for that range.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-DAG View Post
    STID, Do you know where or what mile marker for that range.
    Here is the link,,, I think Mile 94 Parks Highway.

http://www.susitnashooters.org/
    Founding Member

SWEET!! Cann't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    There is new 1K range that should be open soon off the parks hwy the .308 190s are starting to show up. I got 2 boxes the other day. So just keep looking they are out there. I got some 150s for the 280AI and 190s for the 06, will see what they will do soon.

Steve
    Your gonna come all that way down here to shoot a 1000 yards at the Susitna Shooters Club, when you got a better, and bigger backyard up there, where you can get away remotely from just about every soul in the burough? I'm just assuming but....surely you can't be serious?

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Your gonna come all that way down here to shoot a 1000 yards at the Susitna Shooters Club, when you got a better, and bigger backyard up there, where you can get away remotely from just about every soul in the burough? I'm just assuming but....surely you can't be serious?
    You boys keep *****ing about shooting ranges here in commierado their is waiting list at the NRA range once accepted $175 bucks the first year then $75 after the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    I was just sharing info on the range Chuck,, I have a place or two around Fairbanks that I use to keep my skills sharpened. Just wish reloading components were more available. Sure is hard getting stuff to stay proficient and to dial in loads.
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    You boys keep *****ing about shooting ranges here in commierado their is waiting list at the NRA range once accepted $175 bucks the first year then $75 after the first year.
    Thats because weed is more important and has taken precedence.

Wouldn't be surprised if the NRA range, charges an initiation fee, with a higher priced annual fee. I see it already: "private gun clubs" probably have a dress code too (no Camo).....

Jeez, at least you got a range in Colorado, Here in Maryland you are just screwed.

On the plus side ASUS-DAG, Nosler just released a bunch of those .308 190 gn LRABs on their site a week or two ago, they should be hitting stores and online retailers too. I'd keep my eye out. I got 100 factory seconds to try out in the mean time.....now if only I could find a range to try them out at....