Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand-Spankin' New Sheep Video

Default Brand-Spankin' New Sheep Video

Hey if you guys liked last year's "Lace 'Em Up" DVD by Scott Luber and Steve Bethune of Proving Trail Adventures, you'll love the new one! Hot off the press! "It's All Natural", Part 1 is out, and it's only $14.99. Just in time for Christmas! No, we don't have it in the store, but you can purchase it directly from their site, AT THIS LINK.

Yes this is a shameless plug, but I am reserving the right to promote someone else's products. We don't normally do that here, because we're trying to feed our families too... but I'm making an exception for this one- enjoy!

Here's a video preview!

-Mike

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Order placed - can't wait!

Is there going to be another showing in anchorage where there will be DVDs available for purchase? Really enjoyed the last get together.

Took care of MY stocking stuffer.

Thanks for the heads up. I got a copy too. These guys are great.Talk about fair chase, it just doesn't get any better. Nothing but boot leather and hard work!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Is there going to be another showing in anchorage where there will be DVDs available for purchase? Really enjoyed the last get together.
    Great idea! Send them a note. They might be up for something like that again!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Just watched it. Awesome double boys. Great DVD. A bargain.

Well, that didn't take long...got the dvd in the mail today. I'll be watchin it on Christmas Eve!

Hoping mine shows up tomorrow, I doubt I will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Tekla-
    Glad you enjoyed the premier last year. Scott and I bounced around the idea of doing one again this year and in the end decided against it. Last year's event was a big success, but a lot of work and was more a celebration of getting the company off the ground. We're planning to be at the Sportsman show this spring. Stop by and say hi.

I haven't watched even half yet and this video is worth more than the asking price!

Fullcurl,

What kind of permits do I need, if I was to start filming my sheep hunts? whether it be on Federal land and state land. My kid got a Canon 7D and films all his skiing stuff on it, and is currently in the process of setting up an editing studio in his room. He wants to start filming my hunts. Just wondering....

Kahahawai,

There are definitely permits necessary when filming for commercial use. You'll have to research the land status of the location and then contact the appropriate department to go through their specific permitting process. It's pretty easy to find out via google searches.

-Scott

Placed my order today, looking forward to watching it. Happy New Year guys!!!
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Fullcurl,

What kind of permits do I need, if I was to start filming my sheep hunts? whether it be on Federal land and state land. My kid got a Canon 7D and films all his skiing stuff on it, and is currently in the process of setting up an editing studio in his room. He wants to start filming my hunts. Just wondering....
    As Scott said, check the land status where you'll be hunting and talk to the managing agency. But mostly if you're not filming for commercial purposes (i.e to make a profit) then generally there's no permit required.

Quote Originally Posted by shearej View Post
    As Scott said, check the land status where you'll be hunting and talk to the managing agency. But mostly if you're not filming for commercial purposes (i.e to make a profit) then generally there's no permit required.
    I take it, you must acquire appropriate permits prior to taking to the field... thanks, will look into it further with the proper managing authorities.

Mine came today - down here in Minnysoda. I look forward to watching it as I try to shake a bad back with Advil, heat and ice.

Fullcurl,
    Another great job. Even the wife commented on how hard sheep hunters work to just get themselves into an area!
    Could you comment on the two rifle setups?
    Thanks again for a great DVD.

knikglacier,
    I hope the back heals up for you. Glad you like the new DVD.

The rifles used in this video are:

Steve - Remington Mountain Rifle in .30-06 with 168grn TSX
    Scott - Kimber Montana in .300wsm with 180grn TSX
    Liz - Kimber Montana in 7mm-08 with 120grn TSX

Recent years (and as in Lace 'em Up) Steve ha been borrowing the 7mm-08 due to his travels from SE Alaska, but we're thinking of attempting just one rifle between the two of us this next year. Worked good on the caribou hunt this past fall.

Quote Originally Posted by limitboy View Post
    but we're thinking of attempting just one rifle between the two of us this next year. Worked good on the caribou hunt this past fall.
    It always works great.......right up until the minute you need another gun.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast