Thread: Russian River Campground Reservations

Default Russian River Campground Reservations

I'm curious if anyone here has been successful at getting a campground reservation for the first week of the sockeye season next year. At this point the reservation window is open to June 17th (you can make reservations 6 months in advance), and each day when I go to make a reservation everything is booked up. I know that the campground always fills up for the opener months in advance, but it almost seems as though something is wrong with the system or that someone is grabbing up ALL of the reservation slots in the middle of the night. Perhaps it's just that popular, but I have never had a problem getting a reservation 6 months in advance and have never had to do the minute thing where I'm hitting the button at 12:01.

Am I just too slow on the draw? Has anyone been able to get a reservation for next summer?

You are just slow on the draw. Plan on staying up till midnight for several nights in a row. PM me and I will share some not so secret secrets......

Yeah we do the midnight at the PC clicking routine and it always seems to work out. Seems like every year people post about their reservation they can't use and want to transfer to someone so that's an option too if you miss the first round.

Scott

Good to know there's not something more sinister going on. I figured the midnight madness might be happening for the first day or two of the season, but for the 17th? That surprised me.

It doesn't really matter to me as far as fishing goes, but it's such a nice place for the little ones. We'll make something happen regardless, though.

Brian. Check out Quartz Creek
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I miss the old days before you could sign up on the internet. We would wait in line just like everybody else, but you were guaranteed a spot. Now, Tom, Dick, and Harry from Florida can reserve their spot six months in advance since they are retired. I don't know what I'm doing two weeks in advance! Case in point, last year in August the campground ground was full and we had to day park. As I walked through the campsites, I noticed 75% of the sites had out of state campers who obviously had reservations well in advance. I just wish they would leave 20% of the campsites for first come first serve. I miss the old days. Sorry for the rant.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quartz Creek does hold a few spots for walk up only, but not enough. Welcome to Alaska, America's national park.

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    Quartz Creek does hold a few spots for walk up only, but not enough. Welcome to Alaska, America's national park.
    A few years ago the Russian Campground used to hold a certain number of spots for first come first serve, but when I inquired last year they mentioned they no longer do such.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    I miss the old days before you could sign up on the internet. We would wait in line just like everybody else, but you were guaranteed a spot. Now, Tom, Dick, and Harry from Florida can reserve their spot six months in advance since they are retired. I don't know what I'm doing two weeks in advance! Case in point, last year in August the campground ground was full and we had to day park. As I walked through the campsites, I noticed 75% of the sites had out of state campers who obviously had reservations well in advance. I just wish they would leave 20% of the campsites for first come first serve. I miss the old days. Sorry for the rant.
    I agree, I think this is b.s. I have a real issue with people from outside hoarding our resources making it impossible to camp let alone fish any were without 5 of them standing on top of you because they don't know how to fish and think your spot is the only place on the river with fish in it. If the resources were managed more to our (Alaskans) benefit I wouldn't feel this way. And yes I know this is biased, not fair to others from out of state, I have to deal with it every summer, and it hinders my summer activities! I don't impose on them! Honestly I think they should raise the prices for those that come up here and pay for camp sites, fishing licenses and what not. If they are going to clog the hole place up we might as well get some thing out of it.

Feel free to fire away! LOL

You may want to check back occasionally closer to your desired dates as some people cancel their reservations. A couple summers ago I was lucky enough to get a tent site less than a week in advance for July 4 and 5. Maybe dumb luck or perhaps a less desired time to be at the RR campground.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"