Thread: Costs for fly in hunts

Default Costs for fly in hunts

Hey Folks,
    Can anyone tell me the average cost of a fly in hunt. No guide. Just drop off and pick up type thing.

Default More info

That's pretty vague. Where or how much flying time? Where are you going out of?

To answer the question, where are you flying from and to where? As an example, a drop off for caribou can be anywhere from 1200-2000 or more. Kodiak goat drop off can be as low as 500 or as high as 1000 depending on where you go and your weight. Also the species makes a difference because sometimes moose invovles two trips, one for your group and one for all the extra meat.

OK,
    It would be for Sheep, and Im guessing no more than 60 to 70 miles or less. I want to go out of the Delta area, be flown out, dropped off hunt, and then picked up.
    Wieght would be a basic back pack hunt. 50 to 75 pound pack. I understand that there are a lot of "what about this" type things, but i am just wondering a average cost for not a very long distance travelled.
    As i am sure most of you already know, to access the Alaska range is just a flight across the river, just depends where a good safe landing area can be found.
    Any help would be great. thank you all

For sheep hunting you pay for the landing and take off, not the distance. I gladly hand 40 mile air about $1800 every year. They will only haul in 50 lbs plus you and rifle.
    Dave

Why not just contact one of the air taxi operators in Delta Junction and ask them?