Thread: Taxidermy legal issues.

Default Taxidermy legal issues.

Hey guys, I'm having some issues with a taxidermist. Does anyone here have any experience in small claims court with a taxidermist. Does anyone know what authority they answer to?

thanks

As a matter of fact YES I do.

Even being a taxidermist myself , I have had to persue legal matters against another taxidermist that I was doing work for.

First off , I bet you are probably talking about the same taxidermist that has been screwing people her in Alaska for years. S---=- M-----=.

If it is he has been complained about on this site & taxidermy.net so many times it is ridiculous.

First off Any & ALL matters to do with him & or his business are a CIVIL matter & will have to be resolved in small claims court & not through the troopers or local police department.

I HOPE you have a copy of his contract that he gave to you when you dropped the bear off. ( I assume it was a bear)

Go to your local Court house & tell them you want to file a small claims complaint. Then FILE THE COMPLAINT !!

SO many folks don't follow through with legal proceeding & think it will just work out.

It DOESNT with this guy.

Take ALL contracts , Copies of any Text messages, Answering machine messages or any letters that you might have gotten from him WITH YOU to the court appearance.

If you have all of your deposits paid on time & have waited way past the promised date , You WILL win the suite.

But , If it is the guy I think it is you Will NOT be happy with the finished product if & when you do get it back.

If it were me , I would send him a certified letter , demanding your skin back immediately in the state it is in right now.

I would Not let him finish it at all, just get your skin back & take it to a local taxidermist that can finish it up for you.

If you have given him a deposit , that will cover the cost of any & all tanning & shipping.

Ryan Libby>>>>> NHRAfox on here<<<< just went through this same thing with the guy in Wittier Alaska & What a MESS that So called finished product was.

We had to totally rerug the bear & fix the lousy taxidermist job done on the head.

I still have the before & after photos of that bear somewhere around here.

I cant believe he is still in the business.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

He should have a business license. In addition to what RJ has recommended, you can ALSO file a complaint with the state. To do this, go to this link for the information: http://www.law.state.ak.us/departmen...complaint.html

RJ, S____ and the guy in Whitter is the same person is it not? I know S had a business set up there
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Alaskamutt,

I assume the guy across the street from you is the one that has so many folks mad at him.

Seems that he just cant stay out of the fire, First Taxidermy.net , then the cops, now on here about every 6 months.

You can also refer back to Bear rug review to see all the problems that his other clients have had .

Just following the other thread I picked up on that.

RJ Simington
    907 322 0936

Thanks for your replies and pm's. I will not confirm or deny who it is. I don't want to talk a bunch of crap till it's all said and done, but I really have not gotten any info from any or the resources I have tried so far. I can't even discuss it with the business either. I haven't heard back from him in months, he won't answer my calls, his door, or return my voicemails. Dropped my bear off to get tanned last September along with a good deposit, called him around march and got told " I don't know who you are and I have never had your bear". Once I showed him the sealing paper work I got my skull back, but I've been getting run around since then, my buddy gave him a grizz to get rugged at the same time and is getting the same treatment. He has broken 7 suspense dates and is now dodging me.....shoulda done my research.

That is exactly what he did to Ryan libby last year.

I have Ryans phone # if you want it so you can get first hand info on how this jerk operates.

It is embarrassing to us as taxidermists to someone whom ruins attitudes about home state taxidermist.

Unfortunately it happens all the time.

The last two or three years it was in North pole, then with this guy in Anc or Whittier which ever he is.

Hoytman & I have tried to help guys out that have gotten screwed by guys like this because its a way we can give back to our military guys, but it is just never ending as long as people keep believing his garbage & dropping things off with him & not checking him out first.

He boasts at being the Best in the world, But in reality hes the worst in the state. He has deffinately proven that time & again.

I wish you the best of luck getting your things back.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

I took a taxidermist to small claims court and won the case. Winning and collecting the judgement are two different deals. That was years ago and I still haven't seen any money. His excuse....he was on drugs at the time. That didn't go over real well with the judge.