Thread: Changing draw appln question?

Default Changing draw appln question?

Is it possible to switch a party application choice to a applying alone online? I would like a change to my application and am sure the lines to their offices will be busy this close to the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by jimss View Post
    Is it possible to switch a party application choice to a applying alone online? I would like a change to my application and am sure the lines to their offices will be busy this close to the deadline.
    Based on the information from another similar question, any changes must be made in person. I believe there is a form you have to fill out and submit. Not available online.

I would't do it, might make it just more complicated and it might kick you out of the system due to default....just leave it. Are you trying to change the name in the party? if thats the case leave it, if you both draw you can still hunt your seperate ways....good luck

Unfortunately my buddy changed his mind and wants me to apply alone and he wants to apply as a party with someone else.

I think the AG&F could do a little better job of explaining the application procedure. I'm not sure if it says anywhere that only 1 person in a party applies for the group and if both individuals apply for a party it will throw them out! I'm pretty sure it used to list the name of who is applying as a party for what choice? I didn't see that on this year's application. I didn't realize something was fishy until I noticed that they charge $5 for each individual choice and $10 for each party choice. I am usually the last person to gripe but I was pretty confused with this year's application.

It does say something to the effect that you may only apply once per hunt number, in all individual or party applications combined. Too bad your buddy changed his mind like that If anyone applies for the same hunt number twice, I think the system will reject the application.

Attachment 75667
    "Grin and Bear It"

Honestly, at this point in the game if my "buddy" decided to jump ship and apply with someone else, I'd be tempted to give him a big middle finger and say sorry, but we're in this together. It shouldn't be dropped on you to spend your afternoon in the F&G office and to assume to risk of your application being rejected if something goes wrong with the change in application status.

I'd prepare to hunt on my own if I won, but I sure would fight him on changing things up at this point.

If you look under the "how to apply" section on the supplement, it states that "For a party application, both huners apply on the same application, and if...."

Also, at the FAQ link for the hunting permit drawing page (http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...cense.drawfaqs), number 19 addresses changes to a drawing application.

Jimss,

I'm not trying to stir the pot, or get into your personal matter, but I would talk to your buddy (or former buddy) and state, that it's too late in the game to be doing these changes. You don't want to jeopardize your chances nor his, because this could affect you both.
    I'm not going to tell you, or ask you why you or your buddy decided this at the last minute on the last day, when there's only a few hours left to get into the lottery. And "YES" this is the lottery !!! If you both are already in," just roll with it," work out the situation later if you guys get drawn. I've seen a few friends get a default because of miscommunication, and never got a refund.

Just want things to work out for ya.

If he wants to Party with someone else, tell him to go to F&G and fill the paperwork out. It shouldn't be your job to do his work

I'm not exactly sure why he changed his mind but I'm a nonres of Alaska and he has friends and family that live close and likely wanted to apply with one of them. I'm not upset but at this point I think it would be a long drive to go to an AG&F office from here in Colorado! It may be next to impossible to change my application since it doesn't sound like these changes can take place online. My advise to everyone else is to get your applications in early so this possibly doesn't happen to you!

Quote Originally Posted by jimss View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why he changed his mind but I'm a nonres of Alaska and he has friends and family that live close and likely wanted to apply with one of them. I'm not upset but at this point I think it would be a long drive to go to an AG&F office from here in Colorado! It may be next to impossible to change my application since it doesn't sound like these changes can take place online. My advise to everyone else is to get your applications in early so this possibly doesn't happen to you!

Call the ADF&G office. In the link I provided above, it clearly states that the form can be faxed in. If you can get them to e-mail or fax you the form from a phone call, then you could fill it out and fax it back and you should be good.

I received the form and it seems like a gamble to me. If for some reason they don't catch it and change things before the draw we'd be thrown out. I also have 2 order numbers. One I got when I printed off the receipt online and a 2nd one that they emailed me. I imagine I would use the one that they emailed me. Draw odds are less than 1% for drawing the tag so I'm hoping he'll just play it safe and go with what we have!