Thread: Guides charged with illegal hunts

Default Guides charged with illegal hunts

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thanks for posting this. It would be nice to know if all of these guides are Alaskan or if they are from out of state. It sounds like at least one is a resident.

I may be wrong, but I think that Chris Branham was born to Bud Branham and his wife who had owned their lodge at Rainy Pass since the dawn of man. Surely he's an Alaskan. I wouldn't know about his assistants . . . . .

Grizzly2,,,,,,,,,Check your History, he was adopted, and was born in Africa. I'm thinking the "Entitlement Mind-set" ie.... my Father is the "Great White Hunter" from Africa, and "NO" Body's probably watching anyway, right,,,,, Wrong.!!!

The German

Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Grizzly2,,,,,,,,,Check your History, he was adopted, and was born in Africa. I'm thinking the "Entitlement Mind-set" ie.... my Father is the "Great White Hunter" from Africa, and "NO" Body's probably watching anyway, right,,,,, Wrong.!!!

The German
    I see someone knows there history

Maybe there is more to it, but it sound like they paid their money and had licenses and locking tags and didn't know about the free registration permits from f and g.... The investigation would have been a computer matching of tags, licenses and permits.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Been guiding in that country for over 35 years, and wasn't aware myself that it went registration a couple of years ago until my boss told me. I realize as a guide we should be held to the highest standards, but when you have been doing something the same way for 30 or 40 years,and the law changes, you just might break the law while having the best intentions. Just sayin,

Quote Originally Posted by 907pride View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It would be nice to know if all of these guides are Alaskan or if they are from out of state. It sounds like at least one is a resident.
    Hang 'em anyway. My bet is their non-res. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Been guiding in that country for over 35 years, and wasn't aware myself that it went registration a couple of years ago until my boss told me. I realize as a guide we should be held to the highest standards, but when you have been doing something the same way for 30 or 40 years,and the law changes, you just might break the law while having the best intentions. Just sayin,
    "Just Sayin' you should every year consult with the Alaska Dept. Of Fish and Game to confirm the regulations before commencing guiding operations. Best intentions aside don't replace checking in every year for game regulation updates. There is no excuse. Period, for doing otherwise.

Chris Branham has gone out of his way to help me out over the years a couple of times. I have nothing but respect for him as he truly displayed the characteristics of a gentlemen to me who, at the time was his competition.
    Be very careful about who you talk poorly of, it usually ends up reflecting poorly only on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsnack View Post
    Be very careful about who you talk poorly of, it usually ends up reflecting poorly only on yourself.
    Regardless of how it applies to this thread, this is excellent advise. Welcome to the forum...
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!