Thread: Sig P-238

Default Sig P-238

Came across a Sig P-238 for sale here like new. Not a recall gun its a year old. Had a couple Colt Mustang plus 2's and really liked them alot. Is this Sig about the best 380 out there other than the two larger B guns that are not plastic.Any falts or dislikes known here?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Just picked up the big brother to this gun (P938). My hunting buddy bought one first and it seemed like a nice concealed carry but I was not overly fond of the grip. Checked out the model with the rubber grip and extended mag and really liked that variant so picked it up.

Well I picked it up and its a fine piece,had seven round fired through it. Its for sure porky and sage grouse accurate and its little. I like it even better than the colt 380 government and mustangs I've owned
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have 2 and they are absolutely great. They handle well, shoot the Buffalo Bore ammo and are as accurate as you can expect from a 380. Perfect pocket pistol for everyday carry in any clothing, even shorts. Good choice.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Not a fan of a .380 pistol in a 1911 style knockoff in the SIG P238. I think you are better served by the Walther PPK/PPKs with its double action first pull, rather than the SIG's single action. A Makarov or CZ 82 (9 X 18) would also get my nod over the SIG because of price. All 3 of these semis have equal or greater firepower and capacity.

That being said, the SIG P238 should have typical top notch build quality. I can't believe the number of variants SIG is offering.

I carried a P230 and a Mustang for years… blending them together seems like a good idea!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Boat and Condo are in Seward, but I live in Centreville, VA most of the year

I bought the P238 for my wife to use. She's a small woman and it fits her hand nicely. Even with the arthritis in her hands she can move the action. Although it is a knockoff of the 1911 it's improved and easier to breakdown and reassemble. We like it. We bought new on gunbroker for about $500. We got the rainbow model.