Thread: Hunting White Mountains Recreation Area/Elliot HWY

Question Hunting White Mountains Recreation Area/Elliot HWY

Has anyone done any hunting in this BLM recreation area? Is Beaver Creek a decent float hunt? I'm looking to backpack in to this area to hunt bear and moose, anyone done this before or have any advice? Also interested in various places off Elliot highway, such as the boundary fire. Have many more questions to ask. Thanks.

Default Backpack hunting and

moose hunting are usually not in the same sentence ... often about the same for griz hunting. It can be done ... but is rarely done a second time. One lesson is usually sufficient for a lasting education. Just my opinion since I have never "backpack hunted" for moose or griz ... I know an easier way that has proved satisfactory for me.

Yeah...I didn't mean backpack hunting for moose, I realize that was in there and it's not feasible. But I still would like to hike through the open parts of the hills for bear. There are a lot of open marshy areas in the bottoms of the valleys and I was curious if anyone had hunted through there before that would be willing to answer my questions...................................

Default rec area

That are is loaded with atv trails and allot of hunters in the fall. I would look up the trail map and figure out where not to be. Good luck. Hillbilly

But you can only go so far with atv's. Lots of that area is closed to orv's. But, then you have to hump it!