Thread: SNOWSUIT for a RIFLE..........Looking for Ideas......???????????

Default SNOWSUIT for a RIFLE..........Looking for Ideas......???????????

The GOAL is not camouflaging the firearm..........but more like a poncho for the rifle in snow conditions. I am very open to suggestions. I mostly figure to make some, but am open to buying ready made.

So far I have taken a pair of old Desert Camo BDU trousers and cut them in half. Sliding the AR-15 down the leg, I can use the drawstring for the ankle to draw tight just behind the fire breathing pig (Noveske Flash suppressor........http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...va=noveske+kx3). The Valcro opening at the bottom of the leg is in perfect location for attaching the push button QR sling swivel.

And that is as far as I have got. But it looks like I can use the huge cargo pocket to access the controls, if I open up a slot on the inside of the pocket for my hand.

So what have you built for falling in the snow or climbing under snow laden Alders/Spruce/Hemlocks...........???

We'll since your not getting any responses, I'll ask why you want such a parka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For E&E survival drills............With no tent, no sleeping bag, no back pack.......just take off for three days in the winter and attempt to reach one of the caches that has a prebuilt debris shelter. Some of the muzzle devises are so complex that I would not want it clogged with ice.

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    We'll since your not getting any responses, I'll ask why you want such a parka?

Interesting, I hadn't thought about a flash hider getting plugged with ice. The AR I carry in the winter doesn't have one so it never even crossed my mind!